Has WMMA hurt the reputation of the UFC?

Why would I enjoy watching women fight when I could destroy them in an actual fight? It’s comparable to watching teenagers fight. I’m sumply not interested.

Maybe you are a small guy and these women scare you? If so, I get it. But I like watching tough guys fight that I wouldn’t want to fight myself. That’s what helps make it so fascinating.

So, whats the difference between WMMA and the 125 LBS Male division then? Those are small guys that I'm sure you could beat but you aren't making any complaints about the manlets. I am not a very big guy, average height 5'9" 185 lbs. I work out and am fairly strong so no, I wouldn't be too phased by a punch from the female straw weights.

I like MMA because the fighters are evenly matched in size. It doesn't matter the weight class so long as its an entertaining fight for everyone to watch. Some female MMA fights are better than a lot of the male HW division fights.

I only like watching the top level fighters in WMMA. Two unknown or unranked male fighters can have an exciting fight and you can usually expect a finish. The low level female fights are hard to watch sometimes and you know it'll lead to a lackluster decision. I don't think they should get rid of WMMA, I just don't like watching all of it .

I really hope you are wrong about your second statement.

there have only been a very small handful of chick fights i have enjoyed...that is far to small a number to justify having chicks in the ufc....I do admit to enjoying andrade slamming rose's head of the ground...and watching nunes ko dead cyborg...

Girls learning to defend themselves and fight as a sport is fine...but as a spectator sport? Get real.

I have watched fights in big groups at bars and get-togethers, etc for many years. I can honestly say I've never heard a girl or a guy ever say they wanted to watch, or were interested in a WMMA fight. The women I hear are more vehemently against it than the guys are. Usually laughter or jeering ensues if anyone is bothering to watch it.

Granted, I don't hang around pussy boys or lesbos'...so my sample pool may be slightly skewed.

Just by the basic principles of capitalism, you'd think somebody would break the pattern if it would make them more money. The fact that nobody does, suggests that the problem is in your mind, not in the real world.

You haven’t thought things out.

Companies will often sacrifice long term gain for short term profit.

WMMA, I believe, will hurt the long term profits of the company.

But Dana wanted to cash in on the #metoo movement.

Yeah man I kind of feel that. I think they thought there was going to be a bigger market for it especially when Ronda was around. So they added everything for it to take off, but at the end of the day most people don't care post Ronda. Nunes is way better to watch imo but Ronda was/is marketable. I think they were just basing future success off of their success with her and now they are stuck with it.

Edit: Now if they demolish it there will be relentless bitching
not sure about that. like most big companies UFC operates with 5-year business plans, which Dana is talking about all the time. they don't make big decisions based on shortterm developments like that. it may have started with Ronda in 2013, but even after her retirement in 2017 they've added another 2 divisions and keeps signing new fighters. if it really was all about Ronda, you'd think they would've started cutting divisions 2 years ago and stopped signing new fighters

Feel like you are right. If you want to have a women's org that's fine. I don't want to see the majority of WMMA fights though. They are throwing WMMA fights into main cards headliners to show how supportive and progressive they are. There is no other reason to have them there. It just seems like they have them so there is less bitching from them about not being allowed to compete in the UFC.

I agree with this 10000000000% I couldn't agree more....only reason chicks are in the ufc, is because of the huge feminist movement and the ufc doesn't want any controversy, with regards to that...so they let them fight...even though most chick fights suck ass.

So, whats the difference between WMMA and the 125 LBS Male division then? Those are small guys that I'm sure you could beat but you aren't making any complaints about the manlets. I am not a very big guy, average height 5'9" 185 lbs. I work out and am fairly strong so no, I wouldn't be too phased by a punch from the female straw weights.

I like MMA because the fighters are evenly matched in size. It doesn't matter the weight class so long as its an entertaining fight for everyone to watch. Some female MMA fights are better than a lot of the male HW division fights.

I would feel more confident fighting Nunez than DJ.

Before all the incel comments:

Women have been attracted to me since I was 13. I currently am 32 and am a good looking guy that has had it easy with women both in the past and currently.

So fuck off with that shit.

avtr_d8b49aa5a3886fefabd28220607d2001_original.jpg

Dana wanted to cash in on the #metoo movement.

I think you haven't thought things out, since WMMA was well established in the UFC before the #metoo movement came into existence.

What's next? Will you try to convince us that Dana and his buddy The Donald are both feminists? LOL.

I think you haven't thought things out, since WMMA was well established in the UFC before the #metoo movement came into existence.

What's next? Will you try to convince us that Dana and his buddy The Donald are both feminists? LOL.

Feminist movement was quite strong during that time, so my point that went over your head rings true.

And Dana is much more of a feminist now than when he started.

for the most part, I despise chick fights...but, and this is a big but...if it's a nice violent, bloody, knockdown, drag out fight...I'll watch...not, pitter patter this, little kick here and there...ish ish ish....i wanna see some violence...and 99% of the time, the chicks don't deliver....there are exceptions...

for the most part, I despise chick fights...but, and this is a big but...if it's a nice violent, bloody, knockdown, drag out fight...I'll watch...not, pitter patter this, little kick here and there...ish ish ish....i wanna see some violence...and 99% of the time, the chicks don't deliver....there are exceptions...

Sure.

But it takes away from the brand and waters down cards.

Companies will often sacrifice long term gain for short term profit.

WMMA, I believe, will hurt the long term profits of the company.

But Dana wanted to cash in on the #metoo movement.

the ufc certainly doesn't want people to start saying, "the ufc are sexist" they are against women fighters" they don't want that...

Back