Has Wanderlei taken a drug test yet?

captplanet KO

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Was reading an article on fightland about what's really going on with wanderlei. It got me curious, has wanderlei taking a drug test since "fleeing" the one at his gym? I know he doesn't have a fight so does that mean he is no longer recquired to? Just curious because i would still like to see the results before everything is long gone and out of his system.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/whats-really-going-on-with-wanderlei-silva

Didnt see this while searching. If this has been gone over already then just leave me a reply and let this fall off the main page.

The NSAC should lay low and lure Wand into a false sense of security, and when he least suspects it do another surprise test.

if you refuse it's considered your doping

I do understand that. Guess im just saying, id personally like to know what substance he was on.

The NSAC should lay low and lure Wand into a false sense of security, and when he least suspects it do another surprise test.

Lol, made me picture them following him on the subway and just randomly pricking him with the needle.

if you refuse it's considered your doping

So its not. Wanderlei has not and is not going to be suspended. He just failed to meet the required licensing terms, so he won't be licensed for this fight. He'll just have to reapply and meet them next time.

They can't do that. He doesn't have a license to fight in Vegas and he doesn't have a fight scheduled there since the Sonnen fight was cancelled.

So its not. Wanderlei has not and is not going to be suspended. He just failed to meet the required licensing terms, so he won't be licensed for this fight. He'll just have to reapply and meet them next time.

He isnt suspended, he just isnt allowed to fight, and cant get a license.

He wont be licensed in NV again. Not even sure how he will be punished, usually people who test positive gets a one year suspension. In his case, it'd be easier to just cut him.

thanks for all the answer guys. Didnt know if the UFC had the power to drug test him even without a fight on the table. I just know every day that passes, the cleaner his system is getting.

Why should we waste our limited resources on testing Wand?

Why should we waste our limited resources on testing Wand?

I agree with this point. Im not saying this is an absolute thing that must happen. My thing is, wanderlei has lived under the cloud of suspicion throughout his career. Now is an oppurtunity to get the clear cut answer. All they have to do is test him with his lawyers present. It might even be too late now.

I really hate to say this, but...

Barring a *really* solid explanation that we have not heard yet, Wand should retire or be cut from the UFC.

People can say what they want about Sonnen, but he called this from the start. He said Wand would not fight, and...here we are. What an embarrassment, IMHO.

Wand's fall from grace has not been fun to watch :/

Couldnt he just go to some reputable drug testing company and do it voluntarily to show all his fans that he is clean and in fact not on anything? I know he wont, but couldnt he?

Back