Has Usman ever mentioned Wonderboy?

Lmao! One of those wins you’re referring to was against Gray Maynard, at LW, 8 years ago. That’s how irrelevant Nate Diaz currently is. Dude didn’t even get the decision against a gassed Conor in their third fight and he’s supposed to be a contender at WW? Laughable
Ok yeah he beat Gray Maynard, he's also defeated Micahel Johnson, choked out Conor McGregor and destroyed Anthony Pettis since then. You can laugh all you want but Nate Diaz is still in a number one contenders fight against Leon Edwards....what're you gonna do about it? Oh and if he beats Leon Edwards (whos supposedly so good) he's going to fight Usman for the welterweight title, all you're gonna do about it is watch it...so yeah you might as well just stfu.

Ok yeah he beat Gray Maynard, he's also defeated Micahel Johnson, choked out Conor McGregor and destroyed Anthony Pettis since then. You can laugh all you want but Nate Diaz is still in a number one contenders fight against Leon Edwards....what're you gonna do about it? Oh and if he beats Leon Edwards (whos supposedly so good) he's going to fight Usman for the welterweight title, all you're gonna do about it is watch it...so yeah you might as well just stfu.
Thats a nice list of wins overs the top LWs of yesteryear. Of far more relevance is the way he got tooled by Masvidal. WB would obviously, as in 0 doubt about it, be more deserving of a title shot were he to beat Burns. That is indisputable. What the UFC would do if they both won remains to be seen

Nate Diaz defeating the virtual number one contender for the belt makes perfect sense as to why he should get a title shot. How dumb does it sound to give Edwards a title shot with a win over Diaz but not vice versa, when has that ever been the case for any contender eliminator. Yalls logic makes no sense "Oh yeah Nate just beat a guy who's cleaned out the WW division but he himself is not worthy because he hasn't done the same"? Yeah ok, but yall were calling for Khamzat to get a title shot with a win over Edwards.
The Khamzat argument is good, and hard to argue against because i was one of those people that said "sure fuck it, give Khamzat the titleshot if he beats Edwards"

The thing is though, even then i told it like it was: Khamzat doesn't actually deserve shit over the real top contenders, it's just exciting to see how far he can go.

There's no doubt in my mind Nate will get the next shot if he beats Edwards, but does he actually deserve it? No. But deserve has nothing to do with it. So stop acting like Nate is a worthy contender in terms of a sporting perspective. Just tell it like it is and say he should get the next shot because he's popular. Because that's what's gonna happen.

I would definitely like to see this fight sooner rather than later as WB is no spring chicken and his fighting style is based on being elusive.

If he beats burns he'll probably fight winner of Usman v Edwards
What a line up for Usman. I don't know where Colby fits in all of this, but if Usmans next wins are Edwards, Wonderboy and Colby, damn...

He did get KOd by Pettis, who then got tooled up by Nate Diaz, who is now fighting the #3 WW on an 8 fight win streak. This isnt MMAth but just objective facts so I don't see any reason for Usman to mention WB until after his fight with Burns.

The winner of Diaz/Edwards should be fighting Usman plain and simple.
It's actually MMAth presented as objective facts.

The Khamzat argument is good, and hard to argue against because i was one of those people that said "sure fuck it, give Khamzat the titleshot if he beats Edwards"

The thing is though, even then i told it like it was: Khamzat doesn't actually deserve shit over the real top contenders, it's just exciting to see how far he can go.

There's no doubt in my mind Nate will get the next shot if he beats Edwards, but does he actually deserve it? No. But deserve has nothing to do with it. So stop acting like Nate is a worthy contender in terms of a sporting perspective. Just tell it like it is and say he should get the next shot because he's popular. Because that's what's gonna happen.
Please help me make sense of why you have an issue with how I've framed this....

What's the difference between me saying yeah fuck it give Diaz a title shot for beating Edwards and you saying "yeah fuck it give Khamzat a title shot for beating Edwards" even though neither one supposedly deserves it we somehow both agree that we can live with it for defeating Edwards. So would it not be easier to just accept the reality instead of having to qualify it, at that point you just sound like a hater. Being resentful is a waste of time.

It's actually MMAth presented as objective facts.
cant tell if trolling but this is fucking hilarious.

Diaz would have defeated Pettis and Edwards by that point and WB doesn't have a win over either one.

Please help me make sense of why you have an issue with how I've framed this....

What's the difference between me saying yeah fuck it give Diaz a title shot for beating Edwards and you saying "yeah fuck it give Khamzat a title shot for beating Edwards" even though neither one supposedly deserves it we somehow both agree that we can live with it for defeating Edwards. So would it not be easier to just accept the reality instead of having to qualify it, at that point you just sound like a hater. Being resentful is a waste of time.
My problem with your post was that you pretended Nate was a deserving contender based on resume. Trying to argue wins and stuff. Fuck all that lol. Nate will get the next titleshot the same reason Khamzat would've got it.

It has nothing to do with resume. Everything to do with hype.

Thats a nice list of wins overs the top LWs of yesteryear. Of far more relevance is the way he got tooled by Masvidal. WB would obviously, as in 0 doubt about it, be more deserving of a title shot were he to beat Burns. That is indisputable. What the UFC would do if they both won remains to be seen
So he fought Masvidal less than 3 months after going three rounds with Anthony Pettis and although Mas was decisively winning, he did not definitively win as the fight was stopped because of a cut.

By the time Nate would hypothetically get a title shot he would have defeated Leon Edwards (a true WW/MW) which would rectify his loss in a fight being stopped because of a cut. Im not sure what point you're trying to prove here. If Nate doesn't deserve a title shot for beating the person who is essentially the number one contender I'm not sure what else you need to see considering khamzat got the same deal.

My problem with your post was that you pretended Nate was a deserving contender based on resume. Trying to argue wins and stuff. Fuck all that lol. Nate will get the next titleshot the same reason Khamzat would've got it.

It has nothing to do with resume. Everything to do with hype.
So you'd prefer that I dont mention any merit-based justification whatsoever for Nate getting a title shot after beating Edwards who is the virtual number one contender, and for beating Pettis who did defeat a top WW?

What does that sound like to you?

EDIT: There is a clear distinction between khamzat's strength of schedule vs Nate's that we don't even need to get into.

Wonderboy makes for boring title fights. See his two extremely boring fights against Woodley as proof, the same Woodley Kamaru destroyed. Wonderboy would literally give new meaning to "elusive" if he ever fought Kamaru. Elusive would mean I'm not throwing a single punch as Kamaru might take me down.

Last edited:
If Wonderboy beats Burns he should get the title shot. It's all about the money though, so if Diaz beats Edwards he might actually get it because I think that fight sells more.

Diaz taps Usman in the 4th btw...

Wondeboy sucks. He got flat lined by Pettis

What about Usman getting subbed by Jose Caceres? Very few fighters have perfect records. Most get caught by a punch, kick or submission at some point.

Nate Diaz defeating the virtual number one contender for the belt makes perfect sense as to why he should get a title shot. How dumb does it sound to give Edwards a title shot with a win over Diaz but not vice versa, when has that ever been the case for any contender eliminator. Yalls logic makes no sense "Oh yeah Nate just beat a guy who's cleaned out the WW division but he himself is not worthy because he hasn't done the same"? Yeah ok, but yall were calling for Khamzat to get a title shot with a win over Edwards.
A 36-year old Nate vs. Usman? Did you see what happened to a prime Nate vs. Rory? Nate's not even physically strong for a LW. He'd get manhandled by the bigger WWs, especially Usman.

Back