Has this happened in boxing before?

(If I recall correctly).

Hey fella, I am a long time forum enthusiast, let me cook you up some advice.

This comment can be covered in quite the clever acronym. "IIRC". Saw an opportunity for some knowledge sharing, thought I'd help. No need to thank pal, but you're welcome anyways. :cool:

This comment can be covered in quite the clever acronym. "IIRC". Saw an opportunity for some knowledge sharing, thought I'd help. No need to thank pal, but you're welcome anyways. :cool:

FWIW, ydksab. gtfo.

YOLO!

That's the first thing I thought of..

I also thought of Toney vs. Nunn

However, in both of these fights, there was a momentum shift. It wasn't just a one punch thing.

I kind of thought Toney Nunn too, but James wasn't that far out iirc. He just dialed it in towards the end (though he probably would've lost a dec depending on how the next couple rounds went). Been awhile since I watched that, I'll probably check it out tonight.

Edit: just saw there was only one round left.

Pernell vs Hurtado?
Havent watched it in a while.

Iirc Hurtado wasnt dominating but he was winning.

Had to google this the other day when you used it lol

Pernell vs Hurtado?
Havent watched it in a while.

Iirc Hurtado wasnt dominating but he was winning.
That was a great fight. Hurtado was far ahead IMO, but Pernell hit the Hail Mary (3-4 in a row actually).

I remember feeling bad for Hurtado, having victory snatched away like that in the biggest fight of his life.

Most of the fights listed so far have been competitive from start to finish.

Mike Weaver knocks out undefeated "Big" John Tate in the final minute to win the heavyweight title.

So Chavez busted Meldrick's face and body with a single shot ?

Didn't realize the criteria was "fights where one guy landed only one punch, that being a knockout blow, after losing for 12 rounds"

Yeah, Chavez landed a lot of punches. He was also losing handily at the time of the knockout.

Has anybody said Marciano vs. Walcott?

Anyone mention Graham vs Jackson?

Most of the fights listed so far have been competitive from start to finish.

That's true. A lot of these fights being listed were come from behind knockouts where the winning fighter was behind on points at the time of the stoppage. Boxing history is loaded with fights like that. But I think the TS was looking for something quite specific when he asked in the opening; "Fighter A dominates Fighter B for the entire fight and essentially winning every round, then Fighter B suddenly drops a bomb to knock Fighter A out and wins!". Seems very clear what he was looking for.

Anyone mention ward vs I think lopez. Ward was getting tooled before that body shot

Anyone mention ward vs I think lopez. Ward was getting tooled before that body shot

That was Alfonso Sanchez that Ward knocked out and yeah I mentioned that on the second page.

As mentioned earlier... Mike Weaver KO'ing John Tate has to be one of the best examples.

Briggs vs Liakhovich almost fits. I had Briggs down by 3 rounds and he literally knocked Liakhovich out of the ring with just a few seconds left in the 12th to get the victory.

Back