Has this ever happened in MMA?

Tremendous. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Fedor do this when he stands across the cage from a real Gangster in a few months.

As far as stepping in the ring and quitting, it's happened before. Fujita had a really nasty fight against Mark Kerr in the Pride GP 2000 Finals, and although he won, he was slated to fight Coleman. If memory serves (FP isn't working right), Fujita got in the ring and then said no thanks and it was over.

Royce almost did the same thing against Harold Howard, except he left before the bell rang I believe

Really? When was that?

I love Harold Howard. "In Canada we have a saying.... If you're coming on... come on" Lol.

As a Canadian I can assure you at nopoint was that actually a saying but it's still hilarious.

Conor will do his best impression when he steps into the cage against Khabib.
KRzMmS1.gif

As far as stepping in the ring and quitting, it's happened before. Fujita had a really nasty fight against Mark Kerr in the Pride GP 2000 Finals, and although he won, he was slated to fight Coleman. If memory serves (FP isn't working right), Fujita got in the ring and then said no thanks and it was over.
That’s right, good one

Really? When was that?

I love Harold Howard. "In Canada we have a saying.... If you're coming on... come on" Lol.

As a Canadian I can assure you at nopoint was that actually a saying but it's still hilarious.
UFC 3, entered the cage and threw in the towel before the fight started so he didn't get a loss on the record. His fight with Kimo earlier that night took a lot out of him.

Really? When was that?

Royce beat Kimo, then came out to the octagon for his next fight with HH, only to immediately leave before the bell rang, forfeiting essentially, though it was never recorded on his mma record because he left before the bell rang I believe.

Apparently he was unhappy with his contract and warned the promoters he would do it, if they didn't change it

Really? When was that?

Same tournament as the quote, UFC 3. Kimo fought Royce earlier in the night and got him pretty good.
After Royce quits, Kimo runs into the cage celebrating, trying to take credit for it but Big John grabs him and gets rid of him. Damn, I love old school MMA

Said he wasn’t getting paid enough and wanted respect.
<LikeReally5>

Oh interesting, thanks guys. I remember Royce doing that but didn't realize it was against Harold, lol. Awesome.

Edit: Sorry, don't know how to multi quote.

Fedor vs. Bobby Hoffman from Rings is another example that’s pretty close.

Pat Smith @ World Vale Tudo Championship 3 [1997], vs Gurgel... Back in the days, Brazilian crowds, people at ringside...were pretty hardcore, always ready-to-riot..

Some people @ ringside were interfering in this fight, and Pat called it a quit after a few seconds...

Last edited:

I like Stipe. I really do. But to think that after almost 25 years of UFC the heavyweight champion was a part timer says a lot about this sport. And some people were calling him the HW GOAT...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back