Has there ever been a title fight where the fans have disagreed with judges so much?

giphy.gif

I thought we were all men in here, can't you take a little bit of banter? That's why I joined this forum, to begin with. Because it's a zone where toxic masculinity is no longer toxic but instead we all bond and laugh together and have harsh nicknames for each other. We are already a minority, but we are not a protected one, so we have to stick together even in rough weather. So you can't be to offended by a nickname, especially when I'm not that serious either.

giphy.gif
Nope

Jed5CLf.png

vs

L3UiAX8.png

U60hWxR.png

Dn3613f.png

nl8viwE.png

WcI3809.png

W3ruxOl.png

aKuCFMb.png

Even the notorious Bisping Hamill decision was not as bad:
SZjPagp.png

Looking closer at the two deciding rounds it is even more glaring:
mqxn4C8.png

How could the judges get it so wrong? Am I missing any other big ones? This is the biggest "robbery" in MMA history no?

It’s atrocious brother. Abso-friggin- lutely! Let’s commune over the good times.

It's because fans and media dont know how fights are scored:
- not all rounds are equal; the later the round, the more points the winner of said round earns. Rounds 4+5 are enough to win the fight because those two are worth more than the first 3 rounds.
- to take the belt you gave to Decisively beat the Champ! Even a close decision in the challenger's favor isnt enough to win the fight. If Reyes was champ and Jones was the challenger Reyes would have won.
- the fighter advancing position and walking forward always wins...
Under the new Texas rules every round counts double the round immediately preceding it.
Round 1 (one point) - Reyes (Reyes 1 Jones 0)
Round 2 (two points) - Reyes (Reyes 3 Jones 0)
Round 3 (four points) - Reyes (Reyes 7 Jones 0)
Round 4 (eight points) - Jones (Reyes 7 Jones 8)
Round 5 (sixteen points) - Jones (Reyes 7 Jones 24)
Jones more than tripled Reyes points. Not even a close decision!
giphy.gif
I need some of whatever you are on.

I didn't know you liked to party like that
giphy.gif

- to take the belt you gave to Decisively beat the Champ! Even a close decision in the challenger's favor isnt enough to win the fight. If Reyes was champ and Jones was the challenger Reyes would have won.

-

this is a bullshit notion. fights should be scored as an independent fight, not scored on a curve based on if someone is champ.

has a judge ever said this is a real thing. that theyd give someone more or less points per round if theyre champ?

It's because fans and media dont know how fights are scored:

- not all rounds are equal; the later the round, the more points the winner of said round earns. Rounds 4+5 are enough to win the fight because those two are worth more than the first 3 rounds.

- the fighter advancing position and walking forward always wins.
Thank you for proving that MMA judges are corrupt. All rounds are scored by 10 pound must, Champions are not awarded extra points because of their status.

Back