Has there ever been a title fight where the fans have disagreed with judges so much?

TUFNewb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jed5CLf.png

vs

L3UiAX8.png

U60hWxR.png

Dn3613f.png

nl8viwE.png

WcI3809.png

W3ruxOl.png

aKuCFMb.png

Even the notorious Bisping Hamill decision was not as bad:
SZjPagp.png

Looking closer at the two deciding rounds it is even more glaring:
mqxn4C8.png

How could the judges get it so wrong? Am I missing any other big ones? This is the biggest "robbery" in MMA history no?

Last edited:
It has: Jon Jones/ Marreta Santos

Well ppl fucking hate Jones.

And most of the ppl in those polls aren't judges, actually 100% of them arent.

Jones won LOL

cry more

Lets be honest, MMA fans were smarter back then

I remember watching the Machida/Shogun I fight at a friend’s fight party...

When they announced Machida as the winner, almost everybody at the party left.

It’s been what, 10 years since the GSP vs Hendricks fight? It’s still talked about and argued at least once a week on this forum. The longevity of that controversy is insane.

Jed5CLf.png

vs

U60hWxR.png

Dn3613f.png

nl8viwE.png

W3ruxOl.png

aKuCFMb.png

Even the notorious Bisping Hamill decision was not as bad:
SZjPagp.png

Looking closer at the two deciding rounds it is even more glaring:
mqxn4C8.png

How could the judges get it so wrong? Am I missing any other big ones? This is the biggest "robbery" in MMA history no?

It's because fans and media dont know how fights are scored:

- not all rounds are equal; the later the round, the more points the winner of said round earns. Rounds 4+5 are enough to win the fight because those two are worth more than the first 3 rounds.

- to take the belt you gave to Decisively beat the Champ! Even a close decision in the challenger's favor isnt enough to win the fight. If Reyes was champ and Jones was the challenger Reyes would have won.

- the fighter advancing position and walking forward always wins.

Aww shucks <YayKpop>

I remember my 1st UFC too

People just hate him. No way that was more controversial than GSP Hendricks.

I remember watching the Machida/Shogun I fight at a friend’s fight party...

When they announced Machida as the winner, almost everybody at the party left.
I bet a guy at Hooters that Shogun was gonna win, he told me to keep the money.

It's because fans and media dont know how fights are scored:

- not all rounds are equal; the later the round, the more points the winner of said round earns. Rounds 4+5 are enough to win the fight because those two are worth more than the first 3 rounds.

- to take the belt you gave to Decisively beat the Champ! Even a close decision in the challenger's favor isnt enough to win the fight. If Reyes was champ and Jones was the challenger Reyes would have won.

- the fighter advancing position and walking forward always wins.

Literally none of that is true tho.

Not a title fight, but fans agree with judges on that one it appears.

TrPtL5v.png
It is technically a title fight because Conor later won the "title" against Eddie, but he lost to Diaz 2 times, everyone agrees with that, so Diaz was the LW champion until Khabib won the belt.

Condit outstruck Lawler every round of there title fight and still lost a decision.

When I first watched the fight I thought it could have been easily 3-1(as I seen it) or 2-2( as I thought the judges could see it) going into the 5th round . I just rewatched the fight and I can see quite easily how Jones could have won rounds 3-4-5, but I can’t see how the judges could give Round 2 to Jones

Back