Has there ever been a fighter

Jmac696

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has there ever been a fighter who was the number 1 in the division but the champion just has his number like I believe with Frankie Edgar and benson Henderson. I see alot of guys beating Henderson but not Edgar.

Given that both their fights were very close, with the last fight being a controversial split decision, I say you're wrong.

a lot of people still think it's like that for bj at lw and frankie edgar

your example is no good, but i think you're talking about times when a champ is dominant and the number two whips everyoen else but cant hang w the champ

rich / chael and anderson

Edgar won their second match. But I'm sure you could come up with a better example if you thought about it for a little longer.

Fedor and Nog while they were in Pride.

your example is no good, but i think you're talking about times when a champ is dominant and the number two whips everyoen else but cant hang w the champ

rich / chael and anderson

That's not what he's saying.

He's saying if there was a champion who could beat everyone in the division but one guy he just couldn't beat even though loads of other people could beat this guy.

I understand what the OP is saying, it's hard to explain.

It's good to use maybe Sapp vs Hoost as an example. Sapp could get beaten by loads of people and Hoost is a dam legend but for some reason Sapp beat Hoost twice, it was like he just had his number. Hoost could have been champ and been beating everyone else while Sapp could lose to almost anyone but when the 2 fight Sapp would come out victorious.

Maybe that explains it.

I think Fitch was at that point when he fought GSP.

Mike Brown was way on top of everyone else when Aldo whooped him.

Has there ever been a fighter who was the number 1 in the division but the champion just has his number like I believe with Frankie Edgar and benson Henderson. I see alot of guys beating Henderson but not Edgar.

You sound like a hater. I don't see many guys beating Bendo at all, the guy's a fucking beast.

Dennis Hallman and Matt Hughes? Although, Hughes wasn't the champ in either instance. This is the closest example I can think of...

Back