Has there ever been a fighter more hated on sherdog that eventually became liked than DC?

Everytime I hear DC talk it blows my mind he used to get booed at weigh-ins and tons of hate on Sherdog. Most finally saw the light that he isn't just a great fighter but also a good guy. But it took way too long
No i dont think that Jones fans hate DC. They just bring the fact up that he is seconds and thats it.

Not too many that have gone the full spectrum. Closest would be TJ as many disliked him before the Cruz fight and immediately after it with the whole TAM issue, I don't see much negative talk about him now and he is mostly praised on forums.

I remember there being negativity about Ortega when he popped positive in the past but everyone talks him up now without mentioning it.

Good call on TJ. Dillasnake was a very real thing but that TUF season showed everyone he was falsely villified.

Good call on TJ. Dillasnake was a very real thing but that TUF season showed everyone he was falsely villified.

He comes across even better due to Cody being the person he has been up against in conflict.

Going back further Rashad copped heat on here when the Jones and Jackson's saga occurred however he is pretty well liked now.

Who hated DC? He won the SF HW GP. Always been a fan

Yeah DC was the most hated man on here for a long time.
Jones had his fair share of haters a long time ago but he's got a bunch of bandwagon fans, including those who used to cheer against him.
If Jones comes back, all those bandwagon fans who have been trashing him for usada, will embrace him right away and start booing DC. Thats how weak little front runners do it, no loyalty and they try to align themselves with the winning team each and every time.

I’m glad that fans have turned around on him and he is getting all the success before he retires. Never understood why he was so hated.

Cash in on that Brock fight.

Bisping aka left hook Larry.

He used to be one of the most hated fighters on the forum and then became a crowd favorite

That's some serious revisionist history there. I don't ever remember anyone saying Jones was keeping it real. Maybe when people said they liked Jones better when he embraced being a bad guy.

Jones has been hated since he beat Shogun and it's only gotten worse. DC was never hated. Maybe mocked for being corny but not hated. I personally think DC is as fake as Jones but I don't hate him.

Lol right Jones had been called fake for nearly his entire career until the heel turn. All of the goats get tons of hate. DC is no different

Bisping aka left hook Larry.

He used to be one of the most hated fighters on the forum and then became a crowd favorite
He did gomfrom hated to loved but that lasted for a minute after he won the belt. His hate was at an all time high not long after for refusing to defend (or at least thats how I viewed him.)

The anti-Cormier crowd is the Jones fans, and they've been beaten into submission lately.
Its the opposite TBH. Almost all of DCs "fans" only cheer for him because they hate Jones so much. After DC won his second belt, most DC "fans" only wanted to talk about Jones. Hell you and most of the Jones "fans" in this thread immediately brought up Jones for some reason.

I hear ya about the hate DC gets, I'm not a super fan but I've liked him since I saw him fight in Strikeforce. I liked that he looked like some random chubby guy off the streets but was having his way with giants like Bigfoot Silva and Josh Barnett. What he's accomplished in MMA is pretty damn great, he's also pretty good calling the fights and from watching the Ultimate Fighter he's a pretty good coach and mentor too. I can't think of much negative to say about him.

Pretty much Jones fans hated/hate him. They are just such loud big mouths it seems like everyone does.

Everytime I hear DC talk it blows my mind he used to get booed at weigh-ins and tons of hate on Sherdog. Most finally saw the light that he isn't just a great fighter but also a good guy. But it took way too long

all of jon jonnes fan boy will keep calling dc a fat paper champ and a pussy for taking mean about there god jon im a perfect person and a saint of a man jones.
the truth is dc talked trash but never got super personal an only talkabout about peds after the ufc 200 thing.

than jon will go on a twitter rant about dc that gets his fan boys all worked up to keep calling dc names.

Tons of people on here. Mostly mocked him for "trying too hard to be liked, while 'Jones keeps it real' "

DC deserves being mocked for 206.2 but otherwise is a model citizen for a fighter.

I always admit the towel thing wasn't a good look but what people forget is nysac would of given him 2 hours still just like tnhey did with yoel.

jon jones never keeps it real why do you think he always acting like he the victim.

jon would be keeping it real if he just admitted he took peds and people would start to move on about it.

Outspoken appreciation of DC tends to be in inverse proportion to the status of Jones. When Bones fucks up, DC benefits. When Bones shines, DC gets booed. It isn't fair, but DC brings it on himself by casting Bones as his bitter rival, his eternal opposite. Like binary stars revolving around each other.

so dc brings it on him self to be called a fat paper champ from jon jones fan boys.

The most hated person that became loved on sherdog was Michael Bisping.

so dc brings it on him self to be called a fat paper champ from jon jones fan boys.

They might have called him that anyway, but DC's antagonism gooses up their decibel levels.

Back