Has there ever been a champ?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who has lost to a much smaller fighter that's in contention for a belt in a different weight class? I'm talking about TJ and his loss to Dodson. Not only did he lose but he got KTFO in the process. The would mean on paper, you can't even rank TJ ahead of Dodson or can you?

Penn lost his LW title to Edgar whom eventually was in contention for the FW title.

He wasn't KTFO, and it was a questionable stoppage.

Who has lost to a much smaller fighter that's in contention for a belt in a different weight class? I'm talking about TJ and his loss to Dodson. Not only did he lose but he got KTFO in the process. The would mean on paper, you can't even rank TJ ahead of Dodson or can you?

If TJ just got a title, then no matter his past losses, it would rank him ahead of Dodson. Do you get how rankings work?

He wasn't KTFO, and it was a questionable stoppage.

Not questionable, he did a stanky leg then flopped flat on his back and had someone on top of him. It's easy to fight back after ref pulls you off. He def wasn't KTFO tho.

Penn was a WW champ and lost to Frankie who's a FW contender as someone already said

Matt Hughes got finished by bj at ww and then bj went to lw I guess that's kinda the same principal

Yeah but penn losing to Edgar, and Hughes losing to Penn feels different because those were championship fights. Dodson beat TJ on TUF Dodson never even competed in the UFCs 135 class I don't think. But it would also be a different fight I know Dodson has improved too but TJ is miles better than what he was. He has the power and striking to make Dodson do the stanky leg. I wonder if Dodson went up and had one fight at 35 if he'd get a TS

Wand lost his 205 title to Hendo, who was the current 185lb champ. Hendo fought andy for the UFC mw title just two fight later.

Tim lost his HW title to Randy who had competed for the LHW title just one fight earlier.

Not a champ but Reeem and lil nog. Reem's a contender in a division on the verge of Cain-JDS 4. Lil Nog's coming off a win over Evans and (though unlikely) should he beat Rumble it'll be hard saying he's not in contention.

There's also Pettis-Guida.

TS, Baby Jay lost to Jens Pulver, a natural 145 pounder at LW before he went on to become WW champion by defeating Matt Hughes

They aren't even in the same division anymore, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with the rankings. TJ was still very green when he lost to Dodson though, he'd only been fighting professionally just over a year and a half.

Back