Has there been an authentic grudge match in the UFC?

GSP really hated Diaz. In his new documentary the first thing he said waking up from surgery was about wanting to beat up Nick.

Rampage-Wand seemed real to me.

I think with the Penn-Diaz thing, it's kinda hard to hate a guy that you've just fought. It seems that a lot of these fighters emerge with a new-found respect for their opponent win lose or draw, no matter how much they disliked him prior to their fight.

Usually, but Lesnar getting in Mir's face after the 2nd fight and how he seemed even more pissed at Herring after they fought.

Funny how Lesnar came from pro wrestling where everything's scripted, but he had some real beef in the UFC.

Bisping vs Rivera

michael-bisping-e-jorge-rivera_display_image.jpg

How about Roy Nelson calling Cormier an Uncle Tom? Oh sorry, his 'black friends' WOULD say that. That chin has helped his career, but not his IQ.

GSP really hated Diaz. In his new documentary the first thing he said waking up from surgery was about wanting to beat up Nick.

It's too bad he wasn't more aggressive in that fight.

GSP had him in a few bad spots in that fight where he could have tagged him.

Usually, but Lesnar getting in Mir's face after the 2nd fight and how he seemed even more pissed at Herring too after they fought.

Funny how Lesnar came from pro wrestling where everything's scripted, but he had some real beef in the UFC.

Nobody respected him when he came in, but man did he take it when he got the chance. That second Mir fight was just beautiful.

Lesnar & Mir
Wanderlei & Rampage
Anderson & Chael
Tito & Ken
Ronda & Miesha
Hughes & Serra

Yeah. I feel as though that was a big part of his draw-- gotta wonder if he grilled dat beef on purpose with that in mind (e.g. h8 sells tickets, whether it's real or fake, though it was very real in this case).

Murr said some downright classless shit about him though. Wanting him to be the first man to die from Octagon-related injuries, like wtf? Doesn't he have Murrlets of his own? Damn!

Did he really say that?
Yea he did. I think Nelson was trying to say since DC doesn't "act black" and speaks properly that makes him an "uncle Tom". Which is sad because there's no such thing as acting black. It's a slap in the face.

From my understanding, Tito/Ken 1 was a legit beef but the two rematches after that were all about the money.

I saw Tito and Ken at a party and they seemed to be getting along well. I thought it was a real feud before that.

Chuck/Tito
Ronda/Tate
Brock/Mir
Hughes/Trigg
Hughes/Serra
Tito/Ken
Wandy/Page

To quote Don Frye: you can't fight someone for 25 minutes and still have a grudge against them.

A lot of people will come into a fight with legit hate for one another, but after a certain point you lose that hatred because you find that they're just as tough as you are. Even if you win the fight, they proved themselves, period, and you can't hate someone after that.

But everything Diaz has ever done has been marketing in one way or another.

Rampage-Wand seemed real to me.

I think with the Penn-Diaz thing, it's kinda hard to hate a guy that you've just fought. It seems that a lot of these fighters emerge with a new-found respect for their opponent win lose or draw, no matter how much they disliked him prior to their fight.

Most of what Diaz says pre-fight is for self motivation. Something some around here don't grasp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back