Has there been a bigger entertainment discrepancy?

Khabib and Justin are both entertaining. Justin is an all-action fighter but I'd say Khabib has a much bigger personality outside the cage.

Like okay, Khabib does takedowns but he has a high offensive output. And also his takedowns are awesome. He does suplexes and slams

lol such a stupid fucking sentiment

hey if you find James Harden's style of basketball boring just quit watching the NBA!

different people prefer different shit we can all watch the same sport and come away having enjoyed different aspects you fucking weirdos

if you find it amusing to see a guy lay on another and wrap his legs around their legs, awesome. more power to you.
James Harden is more comparable to gaethje. Lots of 3's paint 2's lots of buzz, some people say that's more exciting than watching half-court basketball.

I actually prefer watching half-court basketball

Khabib isn’t boring. Knock it off, just bleed guy.

lol such a stupid fucking sentiment

hey if you find James Harden's style of basketball boring just quit watching the NBA!

different people prefer different shit we can all watch the same sport and come away having enjoyed different aspects you fucking weirdos

if you find it amusing to see a guy lay on another and wrap his legs around their legs, awesome. more power to you.

This seems like a flawed analogy since there isn't a completely separate basketball league that bans Harden's high volume perimeter shooting style of play and only allows aggressive inside offense/defence around the hoop. Whereas, for people who complain about technical wrestling/grappling for long periods in fights, there ARE multiple completely separate organisations that ban the ground game and only allow stand up fighting.

I don't disagree that everyone should be welcome to enjoy MMA no matter what their fighting preference may be. It's just that it DOES seem odd to be an MMA fan if you don't enjoy, and frequently complain about, more than half of the techniques involved...

{<huh}

Is Gaethje vs Khabib the biggest gap between a boring fighter and an entertaining fighter we've ever seen?

Talking strictly in cage here, as Khabib can be entertaining enough outside of it, but Gaethje is arguably the most entertaining fighter ever and Khabib is Khabib. I get that some of his fans will pretend like they watch his fights for entertainment but whatever, let them lie. I'm talking to the normal people here - is this it? Or was Maia vs Andy worse? Mas vs Usman? What if Masvidal vs Colby happens - would that be worse?

What match up would trump the gap between Justin/Khabib, in your opinion?

EDIT: I don't mean just the fight itself, but their career equity. Maia vs Silva, for example, wouldn't just contend as a boring fight but we're talking their entire careers into consideration.
Maia vs Silva , and maia vs Woodley hold #1 and 2 spots in this.

TS getting owned...

Anybody who finds Khabib boring in the cage should simply quit watching mma. By far the most devastating and entertaining grappler that has ever graced the sport with the most brutal gnp you can imagine.
Meh, I don’t find his gnp very brutal. He has a lot of decisions with gnp.

When you look at say prime Hughes gnp for example, it was more brutal.

there are a lot of fights with more gnp finishes with more brutal gnp.

jones etc etc.

sherdog sure finds a lot of dumb shit to talk about

If you find Khabib boring I dont think MMA is the sport for you

Khabib is super enterteining, relentless pace not a lay n prayer.

No, Khabib isn't anywhere near GSP or Usman levels of boring.

Khabib actually finishes number one contenders.

If you think Khabib is boring, you have zero understanding of MMA and need to just watch boxing.

Back