Has there been a bigger entertainment discrepancy?

Herwald

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is Gaethje vs Khabib the biggest gap between a boring fighter and an entertaining fighter we've ever seen?

Talking strictly in cage here, as Khabib can be entertaining enough outside of it, but Gaethje is arguably the most entertaining fighter ever and Khabib is Khabib. I get that some of his fans will pretend like they watch his fights for entertainment but whatever, let them lie. I'm talking to the normal people here - is this it? Or was Maia vs Andy worse? Mas vs Usman? What if Masvidal vs Colby happens - would that be worse?

What match up would trump the gap between Justin/Khabib, in your opinion?

EDIT: I don't mean just the fight itself, but their career equity. Maia vs Silva, for example, wouldn't just contend as a boring fight but we're talking their entire careers into consideration.

Last edited:
Is Gaethje vs Khabib the biggest gap between a boring fighter and an entertaining fighter we've ever seen?

Talking strictly in cage here, as Khabib can be entertaining enough outside of it, but Gaethje is arguably the most entertaining fighter ever and Khabib is Khabib. I get that some of his fans will pretend like they watch his fights for entertainment but whatever, let them lie. I'm talking to the normal people here - is this it? Or was Maia vs Andy worse? Mas vs Usman? What if Masvidal vs Colby happens - would that be worse?

What match up would trump the gap between Justin/Khabib, in your opinion?

Maia vs Anderson was worse

Khabib smashes on people. He isnt a blanket.

Anybody who finds Khabib boring in the cage should simply quit watching mma. By far the most devastating and entertaining grappler that has ever graced the sport with the most brutal gnp you can imagine.

My first thought was notorious wall-and-staller Jared Rosholt vs fan-favourite knockout artist Roy Nelson.
Damn... this reminded me of Tybura. Maybe the most boring fighter on the UFC roster right now. Him vs Derrick Lewis could be on the list. Which, ironically, was a TKO loss to Black Beast... how humiliating.

I think that the way that Khabib mauls people is very entertaining.

Anybody who finds Khabib boring in the cage should simply quit watching mma. By far the most devastating and entertaining grappler that has ever graced the sport with the most brutal gnp you can imagine.

Man it’s a bit early to hand out the award for stupidest thread of the day - Congrats TS!
I get the feeling this place prefers kickboxing.
It's fun to tune in live to see how his opponent will deal with him but then it quickly turns into the same old. And you never watch the fight again.

None of you watch his fights for entertainment, like you can revisit Gaethje's body of work, and I will not allow you to bully people with your lies on this thread.

Anybody who finds Khabib boring in the cage should simply quit watching mma.
This^^

Khabib-1027620.jpg

Why do people like TS watch MMA? Why not watch kickboxing?

Reactions: HHJ
Justin is an entertaining fighter, but I also like watching Khabib smesh.

It's fun to tune in live to see how his opponent will deal with him but then it quickly turns into the same old. And you never watch the fight again.

None of you watch his fights for entertainment, like you can revisit Gaethje's body of work, and I will not allow you to bully people with your lies on this thread.
If you don’t enjoy watching a world class grappler dismantle his opponents then you might want to stick with boxing.

Back