Has the world deteriorated in the last 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that social media puts a magnifying glass on every single s*** thing in the world and it makes it seem a lot worse than it really is.

You've asked me this before. Knowing a black person isn't like seeing a unicorn.

There was a follow up question, that put that question in a context that makes it relevant to your post. Here is your post and my response again:
Any encounter between white people and black people inevitably ends up with some accusation of racism....
Do you know any black people? If so, do your encounters with them often end with accusations of racism?

It's just a question, and it's a necessary question to determine how you're coming to the conclusion that interactions between whites and blacks end in accusations of racism.

I know you live in an area that is like 90-something% white. So it's relevant to ask you if you actually know any black people, and if you're commonly called a racist by them. How are you coming to your conclusions?

There was a follow up question, that put that question in a context that makes it relevant to your post. Here is your post and my response again:

It's just a question, and it's a necessary question to determine how you're coming to the conclusion that interactions between whites and blacks end in accusations of racism.

I know you live in an area that is like 90-something% white. So it's relevant to ask you if you actually know any black people, and if you're commonly called a racist by them. How are you coming to your conclusions?
I know a few but I live in Maine where victim culture is not so prevalent. Black people don't play the "everyone is out to get me" card up here.

I don't have to live in Chicago or Baltimore to see how those people are manipulated.

I suppose the answer is in what you value in life...in society...in spirituality...

if having access to material things and weapons of mass distraction makes you complacent then its only getting better!

if you are someone that looks past the material things and can identify wrongs no matter how washed over they are....then it hasnt stopped deteriorating in a long time

I know a few but I live in Maine where victim culture is not so prevalent. Black people don't play the "everyone is out to get me" card up here.

I don't have to live in Chicago or Baltimore to see how those people are manipulated.

I'm sorry, but you are the one being manipulated. Whether it's memes or cable news, you're being told what to believe about places you don't actually know about.

I don't encounter anything like that, and black people and white people get along just fine. Like I said, I've seen a continuation of a decades long trend of more interracial friends groups, interracial relationships, and general good will between all races over the last decade.

You live really far from the places that you judge, you've never been to the places that you judge, and you ignore people who actually live there. I don't really understand that.

I'm sorry, but you are the one being manipulated. I don't encounter anything like that, and black people and white people get along just fine. Like I said, I've seen a continuation of a decades long trend of more interracial friends groups, interracial relationships, and general good will between all races over the last decade.

You live really far from the places that you judge, you've never been to the places that you judge, and you ignore people who actually live there. I don't really understand that.
Sure I am. Race isn't used to politically weaponize black people at all. Never happens.

{<doc}

Sure I am. Race isn't used to politically weaponize black people at all. Never happens.

{<doc}

You are now giving an entirely different premise.

You started with, "Any interaction between whites and blacks inevitably ends with accusations of racism." Now you've moved to, "Race is used to politically weaponize black people."

Those are entirely different concepts.

You started with, "Any interaction between whites and blacks inevitably ends with accusations of racism." Now you've moved to, "Race is used to politically weaponize black people."

This has been brutal.

well they have just told the irish people that Ireland is not for the Irish, and the goal is that Irish people become a minority in Ireland by 2050.

they ARE being replaced. The cat is out of the bag. The resistance will begin in the years to come.

Preservation of culture is wonderful. I understand it's very hard to accept change (every human has difficulty with it) and that not all change is good. It's unfortunate, but most nationalism devolves into bigotry...not because people are bad, but because evolution of society and culture, just like nature, can be quite cold.

I believe that social media puts a magnifying glass on every single s*** thing in the world and it makes it seem a lot worse than it really is.
But at what point does it start to catch up? Social media perpetuates it, not extinguishes it.

I think it's easier to live as a human that it ever has in history. Infinite knowledge with the internet, health care, transportation, food, relative peace world wide.

I think society and capitalism is fading though. We now live in social media bubbles and refuse to interact with others that think differently. Instead of just disagreeing with someone, they are now your enemy. Capitalism has gotten so greedy where millions of dollars just 30 years ago would be seen as incredible, is now 10 billion dollars. The rich are richer than ever while the poor and middle class are complete stagnated. Jobs continued to get outsourced overseas to the lowest bidders and more and more workers are being displaced due to automation.

While I think it's the easiest time to be alive, it's certainly not the most ideal or exciting. It feels like we are at a tipping point but socially and economically and in that sense, I almost feel like it has never been worse. At least in my lifetime.

John Titor predicted all of this . He was about 10 years too early on his predictions but it's all going exactly like he said.
I remember that fraud lol...I wonder if he found the IBM he was looking for.

I'm sorry, but you are the one being manipulated...

source.gif

Without a subject change...things just start to make less and less sense.

Socially, yes. Without a doubt. Mental illness is applauded and encouraged. Kids remain kids until they are about 35 today. More and m hv ore you see young adults believing that someone owes them something for the nothing they contribute to society. Social media has turned kids into social retards, incapable of the most basic interaction. Law and order is openly mocked. We ask that our constitutional rights be taken away if something offends us. People side with horrible dictators to zing the president. Any encounter between white people and black people inevitably ends up with some accusation of racism.....
wtf are you talking about? you dont get out much do you?

nothing you just said is true..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back