Has the world deteriorated in the last 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. You probably should work on your reading comprehension.

The numbers are inflation-adjusted.

Yeah then it’s a good stat and has real implications. If showed a decline of equal magnitude people complaining about it would use it as a counter to say things are getting worse. It’s also worth pointing out what things looked and felt like in 08’ and then recognize where that graphs goes in those years.

Do we know average time spent at work in the US? That’s a pretty underrated stat on overall life quality. I read recently that just leaving at 4pm each day makes a real impact.

The great replacement...

cfe.gif

Let's all come together and be terrified.

well they have just told the irish people that Ireland is not for the Irish, and the goal is that Irish people become a minority in Ireland by 2050.

they ARE being replaced. The cat is out of the bag. The resistance will begin in the years to come.

Lots of generations of Americans didn't have it better than their parents, and this one is richer, freer, and healthier than their parents.

Just for example:

PSDT_01.10.20_economic-inequality_1-0.png

Adjusted for household size, household incomes are up almost 50% in real terms over the past 40 years. That makes a big difference in quality of life.
Hmm. If thats how quality of life is measured, whats your thoughts on that big dip during the Obama years?

Inb4 Bush's fault

Socially, yes. Without a doubt. Mental illness is applauded and encouraged. Kids remain kids until they are about 35 today. More and more you see young adults believing that someone owes them something for the nothing they contribute to society. Social media has turned kids into social retards, incapable of the most basic interaction. Law and order is openly mocked. We ask that our constitutional rights be taken away if something offends us. People side with horrible dictators to zing the president. Any encounter between white people and black people inevitably ends up with some accusation of racism....

Yes, we are lost as a society right now. Some uncomfortable things need to be said and we may be too PC to do that. We'll be fine, its our kids and grandkids who will pay the price.

We’ve disagreed on a good deal in the past but I completely agree with some of this post - generally, I think social media and the profiteering off promoting outrage culture via that medium is alarming.

Yeah then it’s a good stat and has real implications. If showed a decline of equal magnitude people complaining about it would use it as a counter to say things are getting worse. It’s also worth pointing out what things looked and felt like in 08’ and then recognize where that graphs goes in those years.

Do we know average time spent at work in the US? That’s a pretty underrated stat on overall life quality. I read recently that just leaving at 4pm each day makes a real impact.

That's a good number to look at it, but I don't know of a handy source. I'd guess that it's improved. Commute time would be another thing to look at.

well they have just told the irish people that Ireland is not for the Irish, and the goal is that Irish people become a minority in Ireland by 2050.

they ARE being replaced. The cat is out of the bag. The resistance will begin in the years to come.

Why does his cartoon self have a full head of hair when he's clearly balding? Sad

That's a good number to look at it, but I don't know of a handy source. I'd guess that it's improved. Commute time would be another thing to look at.
Oooof... commute times have only gotten worse - that’s my guess. Either you pay via lost time in traffic or live in a city and pay through the nose.

Large scale, reliable and fast transport and internet is a HUGE 10-20 year to do for the US federal and local governments.

Don't know about all that, but I'm commenting on you interpreted a post that:

1. Explicitly listed other factors in quality of life besides income.
2. Introduced data on income improvement with "just for example."
3. Said "Adjusted for household size, household incomes are up almost 50% in real terms over the past 40 years. That makes a big difference in quality of life." which a normal person would interpret as "big increases in income make a big difference in quality of life."

as saying that "$$$ is how you measure quality of life." I think a typical fourth-grader would have been able to do a better job interpreting meaning from the text there.

Why does his cartoon self have a full head of hair when he's clearly balding? Sad
He greatly replaced his receding hairline. It's a metaphor...or something.

Don't know about all that, but I'm commenting on you interpreted a post that:

1. Explicitly listed other factors in quality of life besides income.
2. Introduced data on income improvement with "just for example."
3. Said "Adjusted for household size, household incomes are up almost 50% in real terms over the past 40 years. That makes a big difference in quality of life." which a normal person would interpret as "big increases in income make a big difference in quality of life."

as saying that "$$$ is how you measure quality of life." I think a typical fourth-grader would have been able to do a better job interpreting meaning from the text there.

That is you saying you are wrong.

LOL.

It's predictably funny.

Remember what I said about reading comprehension?

It's your inability to admit when you are wrong that is the most entertaining thing about you. You will hold some of the most untenable positions to the death. I can say that after 15+ years of reading your posts your shit.

Over the years I have freely admitted to being wrong, had my opinion changed, drunk posting, and trolling. Most of the other posters here can say the same. You - not so much.

Keep being you.

<LucyBless>

It's your inability to admit when you are wrong that is the most entertaining thing about you. You will hold some of the most untenable positions to the death. I can say that after 15+ years of reading your posts your shit.

Over the years I have freely admitted to being wrong, had my opinion changed, drunk posting, and trolling. Most of the other posters here can say the same. You - not so much.

Keep being you.

??? What do you think I'm wrong about? Your interpretation of my post?

Any encounter between white people and black people inevitably ends up with some accusation of racism.....

Do you know any black people? If so, do your encounters with them often end with accusations of racism? I'm around black people all the time and there's never any mention of racism, let alone accusations of racism.

Not saying it's happening to you, but I think some people get sucked into an alternate reality that really only exists online (which they actively seek out) and then they project that into the world. I've noticed absolutely nothing in my daily life to imply white people and black people are getting along worse than 10 years ago.

In reality (not the internet), I've only noticed a continuation of the ongoing trend of more interracial groups of friends, more interracial couples, and less casual racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back