Has the UFC/MMA reached the heights of boxing?

Yeah well this is where you show your true colors of being mentally retarded.

Any other scorching completely wrong takes for me?

Uh...its true bud. Streaming is not something new and companies have tried BIG TIME to shut down illegal streaming. How many times do you watch and have a stream shut down? Happens all the time. Its harder today to illegal stream. Still not hard, but it was not hard 10 years ago either.

And were you and your "friends" really sheltered or something? WHo the fuck didn't know what streaming was 10 years ago?

I am going to take a wild guess you are from America and think whatever happens there is how the world goes. Do a little research bud. A 2 second google search will show its not a fake claim. Whats the point in even arguing with someone who will just say "No I don't believe you. Ali didn't get those viewers". Also his funeral was streamed, NOT on every news network, in tons of different countries. Again you could look it up, but you will just say its fake because it goes against your delusions that Conor is close to as popular as Ali

You seem like a complete moron. There is nothing that suggests Conor is a tenth as popular as Ali

umm you realize that Ali is from the US right? And that boxing is popular in the US probably the most out of any location.

Keep insulting me though, maybe that will make your egregiously incorrect claims closer to being right. Ez

As for streaming, just shut the fuck up lmao. Streaming has become more popular over time. The internet has been more prevalent over time. In 2000-2010 people were not streaming at the rate they were from 2011-2021. Wrong.

Also for the record you fucking potato, I never said Muhammad Ali wasn't popular or extremely famous/popular.

I said he is a different case. No one will be that popular in combat sports again because he was a political / news generated icon.

Unless there's some political, historical relevant event and a fighter ascends to that level and the media deems them a golden goose. Then no, they won't be Ali. If you read anything I said, I said that he really shouldn't count because he wasn't famous purely as a boxer.

Regardless, the topic was about CURRENT fighters. What I said at least. Yeah Tyson and Ali are more famous than Liddell and Ortiz by a mile. But we don't know what McGregor/Khabib will look like in 20-60 years either. McGregor is huge right now. Totally different time period in the world. Ali and Tyson weren't with the internet. It's apples and oranges, but I'm sure you'll comprehend none of this.

Last edited:
Uh...its true bud. Streaming is not something new and companies have tried BIG TIME to shut down illegal streaming. How many times do you watch and have a stream shut down? Happens all the time. Its harder today to illegal stream. Still not hard, but it was not hard 10 years ago either.

And were you and your "friends" really sheltered or something? WHo the fuck didn't know what streaming was 10 years ago?
I dunno. Streaming has always been pretty easy lol

This is just fucking stupid. Tyson doing 2 million buys in the 90s was way more impressive than Floyd or Conor numbers because hardly anyone had access to PPV in those days.

The counter argument to that is its now extremely easy to watch PPV fights for free. Theres probably significantly more people illegally streaming than paying.

No and not even close. As a person that vividly remembers the Tyson era it just isn't remotely possible for mma to eclipse the popularity of boxing in the 80's to be fair modern boxing cant eclipse that either. MMA is arguably bigger than boxing today but will never eclipse overall

Weird how everyone equates boxing vs ufc. I said UFC/MMA. Mma is huge globally. They are doing it a lot in asia now. Japan had pride for a decade. And still has shows just not as big as pride. I honestly think mma now is easily way bigger than boxing, consistently better as far as buys, and buzz, the only question i had was is it bigger now than when boxing was at its peak.

we never lived back in the ali days. So anyone saying they know how much hype around it is just playing it in their heads. Remember, boxings was around a lot longer but it only got big during the time of ali. Before that, you are an idiot if u think billions of people were listening on the radio. Hell half the world didnt even have radios during the times of rocky marciano. The peak of boxing in my lifetime was tyson/holyfield. And then recently mayweather/pac. Other than that, im 38 and no one gave a shit about boxing during the 2000s. Mma was the shit during that time and boxing sorta just hung around.
I don't think MMA is as big as you think. 17 MMA events this weekend according to tapology, 23 boxing events this weekend according to Boxrec. Boxing has had consitently more events in Japan than MMA, Pride died 15 years ago and Rizin is not as big. One is huge in asia but boxing is very big on the philipines and thailand too so I guess it evens out. There are more Boxing events in europe than MMA, specially in the UK. Mexico and latin america has way more boxing events than MMA. Even Australia has more boxing events than MMA events according to those sites.

The only 3 countries where MMA dominates are US, Brazil and Russia (this last one is FILLED with MMA events every weekend). They are the big ones though, which is why it's so close. But that's it. Problem with boxing is that it's not organized like the UFC is. The best are scattered around the world and is hard to make them fight like the UFC does. Also ppv buys is a US thing, the one that wins there is the one winning that fight.

Back