Has the UFC ever mentioned that Rick Story is an officer in the Army National Guard?

I get that you're a veteran and I respect that. I'm enlisted myself, granted I'm in delayed entry. But I just can't stand how people shit all over the guard. Veteran or otherwise. Just like how army guys get shit on by the airforce, marines and navy.

Im a marine n after reading my response i see how disrespectful it was. By trying to discredit Story i discredited a whole branch of military.

-Mybad

Umm, I'm in the army, infantry and have deployed.

You're in the military once you swear in, what do you think that everyone who joined in the 80's and most of the 90's don't count? only a meathead would have your mentality

I'm not a meathead. I'm an Engineer Officer in the Army Reserve and I HAVEN'T deployed. That's how I know that simply wearing the uniform doesn't entitle me to a hero's welcome everywhere I go. So many have given so much more. I could go on, but I really don't think we disagree. We're just misunderstanding each other a little bit.

Plenty of National Guardsmen and Reservists FOUGHT and DIED in war, especially Iraq and Afghanistan. You must be one of these antagonistic jerkoffs that enjoys conflict between branches.

Yeah I was in Baqubah as active duty, It'd suck to have a half normal life then get deployed. We were doing field exercises constantly leading up to OIF1. I think it would be tougher going in as Guard/Reserve TBH.

Explains how I feel about the difference between active duty and reserves/National Guard.

Gets to be home everyday of his life with his family, friends, and anyone really. While true military heroes are overseas getting some....

Whats there to mention??

what's a military hero exactly...??

Good on Story - he's a military man who doesn't feel the need to harp on about the military every two fucking minutes. Refreshing.

The UFC have mentioned his service in the past in like a primetime or whatever at least.

hard to brag up a guy who quit after less than 2 years in uniform

Gets to be home everyday of his life with his family, friends, and anyone really. While true military heroes are overseas getting some....

Whats there to mention??

Were you active duty Army? Because the National Guard unit i was in got deployed twice in 4 years. I did 6 in active duty and 5 in the National Guard. And there were more pieces of shit in my active duty units than my national guard unit... just saying.

No, and I hope they never do.

Couldn't care less.

y
Yes plenty have fought.

Rick Story is NOT one of them.

I dont enjoy the conflict but i will not accept any sort of similar comparisons other then the fact that we both served america to the best of abilities.

I just don't feel Story personally deserves a heroes campaign from the UFC because he has not done anything to get such accolade.

You don't need to prove anything to an

Back