Has the Johnny Walker war wagon recovered?

He's pretty much chinny chin - chin but that's what makes his fights exciting. Kinda like my man, Reem.

His chin is at least average. The problem is his sloppy defense... He can't block, he literally blocks punches with his chin, not even with his face.
Now his confidence is surging and he will win again - perhaps in his next fight

I don't know about that but he recovered well in that fight. He almost got knocked out.

Based on last night's slop fest, Johnny will go back and forth between dishing out highlight reel KOs and being the victim of highlight reel KOs. His defense is horrendous.

He’s a fun fighter to watch, but honestly skill wise? The guy is gonna be a kill or be killed fighter, which never ends well long term.
He better thank his stars he got as lucky as he did tonight because against better competition he’s not gonna do well.

Doubt the train ever gains the steam it once had before his first ufc loss. His chin will just fail him unfortunately. To fight top level you're going to need a certain level of durability. Legs crumpling from literally anything that lands remotely clean is just going to cost him too many times if he's trying to fight top 5 guys who aren't easy to finish. Reminds me of Jonathan Goulet. Goulet had some promise too, maybe not as much as walker since Johnny has real impressive physical traits you can't teach. But it was the same story, Goulet was a good guy but anything touched his chin he was usually going down abruptly.

I think it’s not only on the mend, but it has been fixed and has recovered in an impressive fashion. Now he has the remedy to deal with his previous Achilles heel - aggressive wrestling. Any overconfident wrestler or BJJ muppet will now be dealt with in a brutal fashion. Those elbows will hurt the next day, but not as much as the victims swollen heads.
I declare that the Johnny Walker War Wagon is in full motion and best of health. We look forward to the next fights and ultimately the belt.
His Achilles heel is getting punched in the face. His body can't handle it and he goes into shock.

Ryan Spann is lucky Randa Markos was there to take the fighter with the lowest fight IQ of the night award.

Yeah it flipped into a ditch but it immediately righted itself and kept moving. Craziest shit I've seen..

Back