Has the Exodus Begun?

Didnt argue that... i clearly argued the fact that people keep saying that coker bankrupted sf.... look back and read..

What?

You quoted me with:
I see your shamrock ,and Meltzer and raise you the horse's mouth...

Bottom line is Coker over-spending & banking on the people he over-spent on is a major reason there is no SF now

He is doing it with Bellator as well, but since Viacom is the owner & they need TV hours, they can do so.

I am not saying Coker is bad, but he is not the answer to anything judging by experience

At least Bjorn tried something unique with the tournaments

What?

You quoted me with:

Bottom line is Coker over-spending & banking on the people he over-spent on is a major reason there is no SF now

He is doing it with Bellator as well, but since Viacom is the owner & they need TV hours, they can do so.

I am not saying Coker is bad, but he is not the answer to anything judging by experience

At least Bjorn tried something unique with the tournaments
I threw that quote in there, but did u read what followed? I might have stated things too vaguely, i admit that... but i was really trying to point out that coker didnt bankrupt them.... u make solid points as well tho...
Coker is doing what he has to.. dude is getting ratings any way he can. We will see if viacom will want to play ball for the long haul(i think they might)

I really dont wanna bicker back and forth, so we can call it quits here....

The point being mad was, coker never ran it into the ground or bankrupted it, as people imply...

" they not making enough money" is subjective and up to the people who ran it... coker simply stated that they made money... never said they were rolling in it...

Ya, their true focus was on the sport of hockey. They went into Strikeforce as a side project and sold it once they got a decent offer. I believe Coker 100% when he says he chose the wrong partners for the long term growth of that brand. Dgt just shilling as per usual. The amount of bad publicity ufc has been getting lately from reebok just has him and other paid posters running around to put out fires.

Professional athletes go over to another organization all the time - not sure why this is such a big deal to some.

No.

Look, I hate this Reebok deal and lots of the UFC's recent shenanigans. But the only fighters moving to Bellator are veterans coming off multiple losses who are looking for a nice payday before retiring. Bellator is, right now, the elephant graveyard of Zuffa. I doubt any 'in prime' top fighter is going to jump ship, regardless of the Reebok nonsense. If they do, shit's gonna get very interesting but with the koscheck's and Thomson's of the MMA world, it's nothing. It's just adding to the battle-worn UFC veterans collection Bellator is assembling.

if the difference in sponsor money is that big, then it will happen eventually. maybe not right away, but all it takes is a few top guys to take the plunge and the flood gates could open. the reebok deal is too unnatural and the fighters know it.

honestly it's impossible to root for the ufc at this point when they're being this arrogant. it's a classic case of 'let them eat cake' and that can / should lead to disaster.

I'll go with the most respected reporter in the industry that happens to be based in San Jose & knows the SF owners & I will add the fact that SF owners wanted out as additional proof lol

i'm beginning to think that you actually ARE Dave Meltzer.

No. The UFC is keeping all the markeatable top guys but we will probably see some top 10 guys fighting in Bellator.

Well... Fitch (at the time he was cut), Palhares, Shields and Askren are all top WWs fighting for WSOF.
Phil Davis is top 10 too.

And you will probably shit on my comment but Josh Thomson is still top 10 or top 15 max in my rank.

Back