Has the Exodus Begun?

Call me when a next contender, champion, or someone on a win streak leaves for Bellator. Until then, this is no different than Rampage, Bonnar, or Tito leaving.

Because Dana/Zuffa have never lied before right? It's obviously a he-said she-said situation. Josh claims they offered, Zuffa says they didn't.

Not saying one or the other is true but of course Josh is gonna say UFC offered him more, smart move to get more money from Bellator.

The UFC didn't want him derp

I use to love bellator before Scott Coker turned it into the wwe, Scott Coker is overrated. Now it's all about freak shows. When it was on ESPN deportes it was the shit.

Because Dana/Zuffa have never lied before right? It's obviously a he-said she-said situation. Josh claims they offered, Zuffa says they didn't.

Except there are other sources claiming the same exact thing as Zuffa. (Helwani and Meltzer)

The UFC did attempt to resign Josh BEFORE his contract was up because he was losing.

He decided not to take their offer at that time so when he finished the fights left on his contract they declined to offer him a new one or match Bellator's even though Josh's manager asked Joe Silva if they wanted to.

What is your definition of a "legit" star? IE, who on the current roster qualifies for that moniker? Outside the obvious Rousey and Mcgregor?

Someone who moves the needle at that point in time. I consider Ronda / Conor superstars.

4 losses in last 5 fights.
36 years old.

If this is the exodus of top tier talent then I have no problem. About time the UFC trimmed excess fat.

This is just another example of Coker overpaying for expiring talent just like he did with Strikeforce. He ran that company into the ground with these kind of signings and apparently hasn't learned his lesson.

The UFC will match or make better offers to the fighters they really want.

The top fighters get paid the top dollars. It has always been that way. If you put butts in seats and buys on PPV you get big $. Top tier talent will not leave. Bellator is living on leftover scraps and fighters the UFC could do without. Jeezuz, their biggest fight they could put on was Kimbo v. Shamrock...

The top fighters get paid the top dollars. It has always been that way. If you put butts in seats and buys on PPV you get big $. Top tier talent will not leave. Bellator is living on leftover scraps and fighters the UFC could do without. Jeezuz, their biggest fight they could put on was Kimbo v. Shamrock...

Both of whom were former UFC fighters and made their names there don't forget.

In my opinion, no.

The issue won't be clear until the UFC decides to 'match' and it goes to court.

Whooshhhh!!
Did you hear that "Rational Poster?"

That was the sound of op's point flying right over your little head!!

What's his point?

Bellator is signing past prime fighters and UFC cast outs like they always have and paying too much for them?

Business as usual.

The UFC didn't want him derp

I use to love bellator before Scott Coker turned it into the wwe, Scott Coker is overrated. Now it's all about freak shows. When it was on ESPN deportes it was the shit.

What other option does Coker have? It makes sense Bellator relies on freak shows because everyone knows the majority of fighters in Bellator are second rate compared to UFC talent. Unless Bellator can somehow buy enough high level talent, they are going to have to rely heavily on gimmicks in order to get people to watch their shows.

The UFC didn't want Thomson and knew they'd lose him in all likelihood because his manager is besties with Scott Coker. It's why he got a borderline unwinnable matchup vs Ferguson. They used him up, released him from the exclusive period where only they could negotiate with him and then he went to Bellator like they expected him to.

There is no exodus outside of guys aligned with Zinkin going to Bellator. The UFC will match any major offer and/or offer poison pills in their deal that Bellator can't compete with. I remember Jason Floyd suggesting that when Patricio Fierre's contract expires, he expects the UFC to offer him a deal with stuff Bellator simply can't match like fights in Brazil or guaranteed PPV fights.

The UFC didn't want Thomson and knew they'd lose him in all likelihood because his manager is besties with Scott Coker. It's why he got a borderline unwinnable matchup vs Ferguson. They used him up, released him from the exclusive period where only they could negotiate with him and then he went to Bellator like they expected him to.

There is no exodus outside of guys aligned with Zinkin going to Bellator. The UFC will match any major offer and/or offer poison pills in their deal that Bellator can't compete with. I remember Jason Floyd suggesting that when Patricio Fierre's contract expires, he expects the UFC to offer him a deal with stuff Bellator simply can't match like fights in Brazil or guaranteed PPV fights.

B-b-but he said Reebok deal! It must mean the end of the UFC!

Exodus? Josh gave them the opportunity to match. They weren't interested. Its their call.

This is huge. If Anthony Perosh leaves for Bellator, UFC might have to pack it up

Both of whom were former UFC fighters and made their names there don't forget.

I wouldn't say Kimbo has "made his name" anywhere.
Unless you count youtube. And against mostly unathletic and undersized amateurs.

Back