Has the Exodus Begun?

BBMN

Pancakes?!
@red
Reaction score
Is Josh Thomson's departure for Bellator possibly the start of something big? If he can make triple (or more) the money in sponsors elsewhere.... and make roughly the same in base pay, why not?

This very well could be the exact moment when an exodus of top-tier talent jumps ship. I bet more guys with just one fight left on their contract will jump within a year. Or is this just a one off occurrence?

Last edited:
4 losses in last 5 fights.
36 years old.

If this is the exodus of top tier talent then I have no problem. About time the UFC trimmed excess fat.

let's see, first Phil Davis now Josh Thompson?
what's next, Cathal Pendred?

I'm sure the UFC brass is quaking in their loafers right about now.

I think you'll see less guys resigning with ufc. At first it will be guys like the punk, but then a legit star will do it and it'll grow from there. Nothing lasts forever.

I bet Glover leaves next. 5k sponsorship money for headline is lolz

I probably shouldn't have said "top-tier", but he is still a good fighter... just clarifying.

You guys are so cute

Josh didn't leave. UFC declined to offer him a new contract or match Bellator's contract.

Well I have no idea how many fights Glover has left on contract, but it will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of something big.

Well I have no idea how many fights Glover has left on contract, but it will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of something big.

It's not.

It's a normal run of the mill cut.

If by exodus you mean over the hill fighters retiring in Bellator? Yes, probably. Those guys have more value to bellator than they do the UFC at this stage in their careers so it won't be surprising to see Zuffa let more guys walk.

Is Josh Thomson's departure for Bellator possibly the start of something big? If he can make triple (or more) the money in sponsors elsewhere.... and make roughly the same in base pay, why not?

This very well could be the exact moment when an exodus of top-tier talent jumps ship. I bet more guys with just one fight left on their contract will jump within a year. Or is this just a one off occurrence?

ufc fighters who cant win the belt often go to other organizations.. been happening for years..

Conor and rousey hates working for the ufc and they get paid next to nothing and will be better promoted by other companies... NOT!!!

I think you'll see less guys resigning with ufc. At first it will be guys like the punk, but then a legit star will do it and it'll grow from there. Nothing lasts forever.

What is your definition of a "legit" star? IE, who on the current roster qualifies for that moniker? Outside the obvious Rousey and Mcgregor?

Yes. And yes again. You're trying to argue something that isn't there.

No you are... you're trying to claim there is some exodus because Josh Thomson signed with Bellator.

He was essentially fired and didn't have a choice in the matter.

No you are... you're trying to claim there is some exodus because Josh Thomson signed with Bellator.

He was essentially fired and didn't have a choice in the matter.

Because Dana/Zuffa have never lied before right? It's obviously a he-said she-said situation. Josh claims they offered, Zuffa says they didn't.

Back