Has Silva lost the will to fight?

Silva looked like he was in good shape coming into the first Weidman fight. And he's sure as fuck motivated to get his belt back and he seems to genuinely want to complete his contract (even though it seems unlikely given his age and fight rate). I don't think he lost the will to fight. People think that because of some irrelevant words he said in a language he barely speaks right after he got brutally KTFO.

And ps: whether or not he and Jacare becomes contenders is irrelevant to Anderson having the will to fight. Teammates being contenders in the same division is not a new problem (Fitch/Kos, Cain/Cormier, GSP/Rory, Barao talking about moving up to FW, etc)
Jacare is choosing his words very carefully, but it seems pretty clear that while he will never call Anderson out, he will fight him if it's for the belt. So it's a different situation than those other instances of teammates refusing to fight. If Anderson wins and Jacare becomes the #1 contender, something has to give.

After the Weidman fight it seemed the majority were picking Silva to win the rematch, correct me if I'm wrong but now the tides of turned and Weidman is that favorite.... what new development has there been since the fight ?

Why would he be taking this rematch if he's lost the will to fight? He could retire from the sport any time he wants. It's not like he needs this.

I think the TS is right. Initially AS was adamant he didn't want a rematch but within 1 week after losing he'd changed his mind, obviously he was talked in to it somehow.

He probably just wants to retire, he's already loaded and too old for it.

weidman is real, thats what happened

I get the opposite sense from Anderson, I suspect he wants to go in there and assassinate Weidman in the rematch. Whether he can or not is a different story of course, but I think we will see a fired-up Anderson.

The real ? here is,does Silva have better TDD than Gustaffson?? lol

I think that he's just bored with fighting. It's like if Michael Jordan played against high schoolers all day. Sure a high schooler could posterize Jordan if he tried to block a dunk with his elbow or something. I can see this being like the Franklin or Leben fights, to be completely honest. Weidman is slow, if Anderson wants to put a stamp on his legacy as GOAT, he'll just go into the Weidman fight as if it's his last.

Weidman took his soul.
Like Fedor did to CroCop.
Never recovered.

Lost the will to fight? Yep, losing one fight since early 2006 is an undeniable sign.

Not saying I necessarily agree with the TS, but your comment makes no sense. If he recently lost the will to fight doesn't that imply he had it before?

I also kind of think he has lost the will to fight... primarily because he's pretty much said so. He's said he has all the records he wants, is tired of title fights (especially promotion), wants to focus on family and gym and other projects, and just his overall tone and attitude. You lose a certain fire when you've achieved all the goals you want to achieve. He'd come back for superfights but you can't really do superfights when you aren't champ so he's started bashing them.

People can stick their head in the sand and that's ok. It's normal... it's normal...

I think the main reason he's coming back is the massive amount of pressure he's getting from Brazil and his other relationships.

Hopefully he has lost the desire to win so I can win more money at UFC 168

I wouldnt read too much into what Anderson sais....he lost and was embarressed, it was more a shock to him then anyone else.

Im pretty certain he still wants to continue to fight.

You mean he's tired of this?

dana-white-korean-zombie-the-ultimate-fighter.jpg
This photo makes his shirt look like it says "KORAN ZOMBIE". :icon_chee

Would be awesome to see someone retiring as champ for the first time. Belfort/Weidman for the vacant belt?

i don't like that idea.. at the end of an athletes career i want to know they gave it their all. for me, i would want to know I gave it my all. i don't like the idea of walking away from the sport on top, wondering what could have been. i like the way Chuck went out. he tried and tried and retired when it was obvious he had to. he could have done it after the Shogun fight though.

retire with the belt and people will always wonder what kind of records could have been made or how many more fights could have been won. i know i would be in my late 40's-50's wondering "well, what if i just kept fighting?"

go until you know!

I think he has lost the will to keep going. Maybe not to fight but to be champ. Being a champ carries a lot of weight. And he probably just wants to end his career soonish 3 years top with hand picked fighters or big money fights.

But as a champ you usually fights the number 1 contender. He had a amazing run and if he beats weidman one more time he probably knows he can't just retire. He has to give the UFC a few more fights.

Will not fight I dont think he lost. I think he just maybe doesnt want to be the champ anymore. Of course I could be very wrong.

Back