Has Silva lost the will to fight?

GoodStoppage

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I sure think so and it's quite disappointing.

After he lost, he acted like he was relieved to have lost the title and showed no interest in a rematch.it was highly rumored and most likely true that Dana was relentless in booking a rematch whether Silva wanted it or not...

Recently at the presser in Brazil, Andy stated he would retire before fighting Jacare or Machida. Both of those guys are extremely likely to be upcoming title contenders. If Silva beats Weidman , he will inevitably have to face them or retire.

Everything in his behavior leads me to think he is not motivated to reign as champ. I can't blame him, he's had a legendary run, he's made a ton of money and fame, not to mention his age.

Prediction : Silva wins rematch then retires.

Lost the will to fight? Yep, losing one fight since early 2006 is an undeniable sign.

Anderson has always been one to test fate. You will not find one other champ with the same high risk/high reward style as Anderson. I hope he hasn't lost his will to fight. I don't think he has, but he's been in the game for a long time.

I'd love to see him win the rematch, relinquish the title, and retire.

Would be awesome to see someone retiring as champ for the first time. Belfort/Weidman for the vacant belt?

He has accomplished so much in this sport and like you said he has made enough money to live the rest of his life in luxury and comfort with his family and friends, no matter what he says he will never be as motivated as he was before he won the title.."the wolf climbing the hill is always hungrier than the wolf on top" , I hope Anderson wins the rematch and retires, sucks seeing legendary fighters refuse to call it quits when the time is right and losing fights by devastating knockouts

Silva definitely lost his mental edge. I think his mind and body are tired from the vigorous training camps, time away from family, media tours etc.

Hes goofing around in fights, clowning around and not taking his opponents seriously. I think a big part of him still loves to fight but I think hes over the pressures of constantly defending the belt.

The guy is almost 40 years old FFS and has had over 10 year career of pro full contact combat.

Nope, Weidman is just that good.

What does that have to do with TS' question?
Anyways, I was very nervous he was gonna retire after that post fight speech he gave. I chalked it up to him being somewhat relieved he finally lost (ufc) and it seemed to take some weight off his shoulders.

He's still got some matrix performances in him, I'd wager.

Recently at the presser in Brazil, Andy stated he would retire before fighting Jacare or Machida. Both of those guys are extremely likely to be upcoming title contenders. If Silva beats Weidman , he will inevitably have to face them or retire.

Prediction : Silva wins rematch then retires.

^This section of the post is more reasonable, as it leads to the question of what he will do once he is champion again and one of his buddies becomes a #1 contender.
Logically, the three (reasonable) options are:
1. To fight his buddies
2. To vacate the belt and take fights he wants regardless of the opponents' status as contenders
3. Retire

To an extent. The fact that Silva didn't want any more title fights initially after the Weidman fights showed he is bored with going out and fighting again and again. After the fight win or lose a retirement speech is totally possible after the fight.

You mean he's tired of this?

dana-white-korean-zombie-the-ultimate-fighter.jpg

If he hasn't yet, Weidman will take it from him on Dec. 28th. Two back-to-back beatdowns is a lot to take for an egomaniac.

Back