Has Silva always clowned around?

I don't recall him ever doing it until the Maia fight

Anderson is a weird guy. I don't know why he does the things he does but the people ITT saying "that's just his style" or claiming he does it for some sort of advantage... you guys are totally wrong.

He was demolishing everyone before he started doing it. It's not about getting an advantage; it's just one of many silly, crazy, goofy things he does while fighting.

You could technically say it began with Leites, though not in the same vein as when he was dancing around the cage with Maia. Against Leites he started punching the thigh over and over for almost no reason it seemed.

You're right about Anderson being a weird guy. I feel like he started doing it for a combination of reasons, paramount of all being simply that he could, and could get away with doing it in the cage.

I admit that I'm not that well versed in many of Silva's fights, especially early ones. Has he always clowned around in fights, or was he more "all business" at one time? At what point in his career did his goofing around start?

I think i have seen all AS fights and he was always a technnical counter striker but he was serious.

This shit that "It´s Anderson style he Always clowned around" is not true at all.

He started this shit around the Thalles leites fight

Since then he is not satisfied in winning he has to humiliate his oponnent

His "clowning" is a tactic used to bait his opponents into his game which is the counter.. Weidman nor Bisping fell for it. If you look at those 3 fights, bisping and weidman dropped silva using the same techniques
this. he didn't clown around against leben or franklin because he didn't need to, because they engaged. once guys started getting gunshy with him, he needed to start using it as a tactic.

Like he does now? No and its annoying to hear ppl claim that's how he always fights. Silva didn't do that his whole career. He evolved into that after he won the belt from Franklin. He fooled around for one brief moment in the 2nd Franklin fight but that's it. He was always a killer looking to finish. It wasn't until the Cote fight did he relax a little and start taunting to excite the crowd. He didnt fight comfortably with his hands down until the Griffin fight but even then he was still serious and did it to set up counters.

Silva then went full retard for the 1st time against Maia because he was bothered by what Maia said. Went back serious for a few fights then back to full retard again with Bonnar and thats when he lost his way and the serious Silva was gone. Went too far with Weidman and paid for it. He went back serious in the Weidman rematch and with Diaz but for some odd reason went back to full retard with Bisbing. I don't know why he didn't come serious like with Diaz. I'm sure he could've boxed Bisbing up easily.

Regardless, Silva evolved into the clowning style we see now he didn't always fight like that. He should just retire since he doesn't want to take it serious anymore. Killer instinct is gone. I don't want to see him fight if he's gonna act stupid instead of countering when the openings are there and getting it over with like the old Silva. He's lost his way and is getting too old for clowning and will get KOd again if he keeps it up.

I don't know that he needs to hang them up. With just a couple flashes of the Anderson of old he about broke Bisping's face, and in some people's opinions, even won the fight. He took at least two rounds on the wrong side of 40 against a perennial top 10 fighter.

Nah; although he'd throw in the occasional flashy technique, he used to be a much more typical Thai style fighter. The clowning evolved and increased once he was ufc champ as he became more and more reliant on countering.

His "clowning" is a tactic used to bait his opponents into his game which is the counter.. Weidman nor Bisping fell for it. If you look at those 3 fights, bisping and weidman dropped silva using the same techniques
This. He felt weidman's grappling and wanted to bait him into a stand-up fight. He wanted him to over commit which weidman and bisping didn't do.

Always. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it works, he looks like a God. When it doesn't, he looks like a fool.

He's never been consistent in his performances which is why I can't call him GOAT. The times his clowning works skews opinion of most people and they forget the other times it made for terrible fights.

Didn't start until later in his career he was all business in the Leben and Franklin fights it might have been after he fought Griffin is When he started doing it.
There were flashes in the 2nd Franklin fight. But he knew he had that fight.

Jedi Judah said:
So youre saying that if he feels like his opponent poses a threat, he starts clowning?
He does it when he thinks he can get do it.

Problem is now hes getting hit so whatever reasoning one wants to put behind him clowning is now costing him wins.

No it won't lol
Steroids don't change your thoughts. No offense but you should do some research on the subject.
Bwahahaha you thought I seriously thought roids affected your thoughts. Instead of just making fun of a juiced up worn out cheater.

He clowned, but he also would actually attack or engage... now he just stands there.

5 likes and I'll make a gif of him clowning in every UFC fight he's had

Bwahahaha you thought I seriously thought roids affected your thoughts. Instead of just making fun of a juiced up worn out cheater.
Well, your post indicated that that is what you believed. & honestly, this post looks like a desperate attempt to cover up being wrong. You should just admit you were wrong, research the topic, & come back better. Cheers mate.

Please listen to this and remember it. It's exhausting to read thread after thread made by people who still aren't getting this.

Silva is baiting. He is a Master baiter.

The fact that he puts his hands down to do it puts it in the realm of clowning.

Some good technical strikers keep their hands low to defend the TD. Boxing style high guards are more utilized by guys who just don't have very good striking defense.

Some good technical strikers keep their hands low to defend the TD. Boxing style high guards are more utilized by guys who just don't have very good striking defense.

His hands weren't low to defend the takedown. They were at his sides so he could emphasize his lack of respect for Franklin's striking. Textbook clowning.

He's always done that when opponents refuse to run face first into his punches. It started with the Cote fight where he spent most of his time waving his hands around in a bad Bruce Lee impression and it's only gotten more flagrant from there. He did it again in the Leites, Maia, Weidman, Bonnar, and Bisping fights, it's just something he does to fuck with his opponents and create openings.

this!
Silva is one of those ultimate opportunist types, he does all those antics in effort to get you to drop your guard then he strikes you can see that plain as day in the Bisping fight and most of his other fights

Silva would always get problems with guys who ain't afraid to stand in his face and won't fall for his shit but once his opponent is timid they make Anderson look like a god

His hands weren't low to defend the takedown. They were at his sides so he could emphasize his lack of respect for Franklin's striking. Textbook clowning.

I'll agree that Silva takes it too far a lot of times - but there is a fine line between clowning and baiting - the idea being to get Franklin so frustrated that he starts leaving holes in his own defense.

Back