has Sherdog ever been right after "analyizing" a staredown? ever?

Ofc not.

These stooges said Aldo's glassy eyes were a killer's stare.

Then predicted Aldo was in Conor's head during weigh ins when he touched the king.

Meanwhile anyone who saw the fight saw a very shook Aldo in that octagon.

You must be a part of the stooges because I saw an overconfident Aldo.

I'm always right, got legit facial analysis skills. Come at me

Serious question, when sherdog comes to the consensus that a fighter looked "scared" at a staredown, has it ever once translated to the fight where they "fought scared"?

Literally a single time?
there is rarely a real consensus, and there is no way to "analyze" a staredown. it's a press event, and not all fighters are as good at the promo mean mugging BS as conor is.

look at fedor - he looked like he wanted to run out of the ring during the staredowns. aldo is the same way - regardless of how that fight went down, him looking timid or nervous doesn't mean crap, it's just the way he goes about his business and prepares for the fight.

remember anderson's kiss of death? lol

You must be a part of the stooges because I saw an overconfident Aldo.
he looked pissed off to me.

so in a sense you could say he was gotten to, but not in the way the conor huggers want it. he didn't look "shook" in the slightest when the bell rang, he looked enraged.

Last edited:
Well I remember a lot of people on here saying that Shogun was fucked after the staredown with Jones.

Serious question, when sherdog comes to the consensus that a fighter looked "scared" at a staredown, has it ever once translated to the fight where they "fought scared"?

Literally a single time?

Ronda vs Holly

Ronda went full retard, she was not confident.

She also looked like Apollo creed trying to smack away the gloves of Ivan Drago when she tried to bully Holly.

I had rousey up until weigh in night and then I said RiP. Holly taking that head home

Everyone says everyone is scared after every stare down. So, no.

They are right every time. The mental landscape, the tension, the innermost thoughts. Rarely seems to matter come fight night though.

Everyone who posted that Aldo was "gotten to" turned out to inexplicably be right.

Ofc not.

These stooges said Aldo's glassy eyes were a killer's stare.

Then predicted Aldo was in Conor's head during weigh ins when he touched the king.

Meanwhile anyone who saw the fight saw a very shook Aldo in that octagon.
"Lol, Aldo stole Conor's stance, he's in Conor's head. He's gonna take Conor's soul."

Nek minit.....13 seconds.

Literally a single time?

Yep. Aldo/McGregor

Mendes had dollar eyes during Conor staredown. I knew the result before the fight

Back