Has Schevchenko ever hurt someone with punches in a striking exchange?

She dropped Liz Carmouche 2 (maybe 3 don't remember) times with punches and she wobbled Cachoeira with punches as well.

giphy.gif
That actually proves my point.She has 0 power.

It doesn't though, she wobbled another fighter with a punch, something that someone with 0 power wouldn't be able to do.
Look how she hit a non moving target while committing to the punch and that other girl didn't even fell or seemed hurt. She only took a step back as if someone pushed her and had torn her ACL or sth which is even worse. But that actually proved what i wan't sure about. Know it's clear she has no power.

Like others pointed out, sehe ALWAYS fights very technical even against way less competition and that limits the amount of power you can generate.

Other than that i legit think that she isnt the strongest puncher. That hurt her in the Nunes fights and will hurt her if they ever fight again. Because she just doesnt deal that much damage with her hands.

you must have missdd when she knocked out the blonde fighter in the first round. LONG LIVE THE BULLET, the only one who managed to get Joanna GOAT in a fair one.
Fair one? More like a fair four.

She is like Rico Verhoeven , very good fighter but pillowfist

I dont know. But most human will have more enough power to hurt someone. But its more a thing about planting your feet.

And thats a risk to take.

Double in MMA because of takedowns.

this is the exact reason why gsp hardly ever hurt anyone on the feet, post serra-1. afraid of planting his feet, to avoid counters. you have to stand still long enough, for the power to translate from your feet all throughout your body, to your fists. yes, risky indeed. no risk, no reward.

I don't really remember her hurting an opponent with punches while striking with them in the UFC.
Has this ever happened before?Or was Amanda right to say she has 0 power?

She's surely one of the most skillfull strikers in WMMA, but she does look like she has 0 power behind her punches.
She blasted Holm in the face repeatedly with a check left hook that had her stunned. She had Chookagian wobbly and took her down afterwards. She throws with speed, but doesn't plant her feet because she exits the pocket immediately after throwing. She could sit on the punches and put more on them, but she values defense over damage, and manages her gas tank well. She stuns people, and that keeps them honest, but she's not knocking people down or out with her hands when she's on the feet.

Only Nunes, Aldana and Cahoeira has knockout power from punches in wmma.

Back