Has Schevchenko ever hurt someone with punches in a striking exchange?

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't really remember her hurting an opponent with punches while striking with them in the UFC.
Has this ever happened before?Or was Amanda right to say she has 0 power?

She's surely one of the most skillfull strikers in WMMA, but she does look like she has 0 power behind her punches.

I dont know. But most human will have more enough power to hurt someone. But its more a thing about planting your feet.

And thats a risk to take.

Double in MMA because of takedowns.

I dont know. But most human will have more enough power to hurt someone. But its more a thing about planting your feet.

And thats a risk to take.

Double in MMA because of takedowns.
I don't think its really a risk when you're fighting girls like Cachoeira, Liz Carmouche and Kaitlyn.

So i'm surprised i can't recall 1 knockdown or anything from Schevchenko against. I can be wrong tho...

I don't think its really a risk when you're fighting girls like Cachoeira, Liz Carmouche and Kaitlyn.

So i'm surprised i can't recall 1 knockdown or anything from Schevchenko against. I can be wrong tho...

Knockout aint the only risk

She doesn't really fight in that range for too long. She sets up her kicks and clinches much more often.

She hurt that Cachoeira girl with punches though. She got stunned a couple times in that fight

What other risks are there against girls that don't even walk in a coordinate way?

No sure why i need to point it out. But getting hit in return may break your rythm and flow. If you dont want to gamble, stick and move is tactical better.

Its not brave and its not my cup of tea... But i get it.

To be fair Amanda is way bigger than her, so yhe punches wouldn't do much to her. Also she doesn't really throw looping punches, mainly jabs and straights

With punches?

Oh, punches. Did you just add that to the thread title or did I just fail at reading? haha.

Yeah, I don't really remember her ever hurting anyone with punches.

No sure why i need to point it out. But getting hit in return may break your rythm and flow. If you dont want to gamble, stick and move is tactical better.

Its not brave and its not my cup of tea... But i get it.
I'm totally fine she wouldn't really commit to power punches when she faces girls like Nunes.But the girls she's fighting, i mean, how can such a good striker like her against unmoving targets not even hurt 1 of them with all the punches she throws. Makes me think that she really hasn't got any power in her hands.

I'm totally fine she wouldn't really commit to power punches when she faces girls like Nunes.But the girls she's fighting, i mean, how can such a good striker like her against unmoving targets not even hurt 1 of them with all the punches she throws. Makes me think that she really hasn't got any power in her hands.

Yes i agree with that first part. But its like gsp and Mayweather against people way below them in skills.

Oh, punches. Did you just add that to the thread title or did I just fail at reading? haha.

Yeah, I don't really remember her ever hurting anyone with punches.
No, i know about the Eye KO or the TKO's after taking soemeone down. I was just surprised that i didn't remember 1 single time where she hurt somoene in a stand up battle wiyh her fists.

She dropped Liz Carmouche 2 (maybe 3 don't remember) times with punches and she wobbled Cachoeira with punches as well.

giphy.gif

you must have missdd when she knocked out the blonde fighter in the first round. LONG LIVE THE BULLET, the only one who managed to get Joanna GOAT in a fair one.

you must have missdd when she knocked out the blonde fighter in the first round. LONG LIVE THE BULLET, the only one who managed to get Joanna GOAT in a fair one.
Which blonde fighter?

Back