Has Rousey surpassed Usain Bolt in popularity?

Not even close. Ronda still isn't that huge outside the US. Usain Bolt is worldwide famous.

sure, man. ronda is more popular than jesus christ. she once armbarred the subject-object dichotomy and squared the circle. she punches people so hard that a new quatum state is born each time.

Is that you, Joe Rogan?

Bare in mind Bolt beat an American drugs cheat and track and field generally isn't massively popular in the US, world wide Bolt is a much larger star, probably in the top 10 sportspeople.

Track and field is huge in the States.
The 100 meters is THE glory event and Bolt is not an American that's why it would seem as though Track isn't popular right now.

'Murica gonna 'Murica. When the States can lay claim to the best, they go gangbusters.
You ever wonder why swimming has been a big thing in the last ten years?
AP640048239853-1280x960.jpg

nearly all my non-MMA friends don't know Ronda

Shes so well known in our community we forget that other people aren't in the loop

Bolts neat and all, but I cant say I give a fuck about sprinting. So for me yeah, shes more popular. But I dunno about others.

Is there a point to your post? Who cares who you like better.

who's usain bolt? What she does she run?

Not even close. Bolt is the fastest human being on earth. Pretty much everyone knows who he is. There is no way, Ronda is more popular than Bolt worldwide.

I didn't say best, I said biggest. And she will be bigger than Bruce Lee. Richer, more famous, in more movies, more of a box office draw than any other martial arts superstar ever.

bahahahahahahahahaa. now that actually made me laugh. Bruce lee died 42 years ago, yet he is still talked about, still featured on martial arts mags. He is the most influential martial artist who has ever lived. Ronda will never even come close to being 10% of what bruce lee was. ronda has no talent in acting. All she does is smirk on screen. her acting is terrible. Bruce lee was a master at showing speed and power and skill on screen. And she's not even close to being the biggest. She's had tiny roles in big movies. very very tiny roles. we are talking 1 line roles. haha

And bruce lee is known the world over. Go to any county on earth, and everyone has heard of bruce lee. Everyone.

Outside of the US, not everyone has heard of Ronda. This may surprise a few, but the rest of the world does not see things the way Sherdog does.

When Usain runs, the world watches, when Ronda fights, all of MMA and a few more armchairs watch. Not a single woman, girl or really, many guys at all in the UK know who she is, shes more famous over here to the casual for saying she would beat up Mayweather in a no hold barred fight.

So no, maybe in Amurrriiicca she's a bigger start but in the rest of the world there's a lot of other athletes known by everyone.

Bolt is a gold medalist and was probably seen by 200m+ people during the Olympics.

Rousey is a Bronze 4th place medalist fighting soccer moms and will be forgotten a few years from now.

2 Billion people watched Usain Bolt win the London 2012 Olympic 100m. None of them we're American lol. NBC failed to show live final on T.V

Not only in popularity but also in running speed. Ask Rogan.

I didn't say best, I said biggest. And she will be bigger than Bruce Lee. Richer, more famous, in more movies, more of a box office draw than any other martial arts superstar ever.

hahahahahaha...no.

Jackie Chan is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, has dozens and dozens of major movie awards, a star on the walk of fame, 127 acting credits, 42 producer credits, 17 director credits, and 15 writing credits.

Ronda will never come close to that.

hahahahahaha...no.

Jackie Chan is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, has dozens and dozens of major movie awards, a star on the walk of fame, 127 acting credits, 42 producer credits, 17 director credits, and 15 writing credits.

Ronda will never come close to that.

Yes she will.

I don't personally know anybody who knows who Ronda is. Everyone knows who Bolt is.

That's the thing. You go to the grocery store and ask around, everybody heard of that dude.

In my country I never saw MMA news on TV or in newspaper. Same is for the rest of Europe outside of England.

Ronda is popular in USA, maybe Brazil and UK. Rest of the world doesn't know who she is or even care. On the other hand probably every person on planet that is watching TV at least one time watched Bolt. Totally different levels. Bolt if probably the greatest athlete ever.

Last edited:
Back