Has Rousey surpassed Usain Bolt in popularity?

There are many sport(wo)men who are more popular and more well-known than Rousey. Popular in the US =/= popular in the whole world.

Pretty much this.

Tens of thousands of people bought tickets to watch Bolt compete 2 years ago in Moscow. 99% of population here have no idea who the hell Ronda is.

well, track and field is boring as fuck

ha

It still fills 90,000 seat stadiums. The UFC keep pretending they're going to do one. Dafne Schippers accomplished more tonight than Ronda.

When Ronda defeated a very dangerous challenger in Bicth Coheya she was on every news program program possible, even ones outside of the sporting world such as Huffpost Women and The View. She became a cross over star the likes of Michael Jordan.

However yesterday Bolt defeated Gatlin who has been running the fastest times all year and has been a known steroid abuser in the past. The race was very important since it was about keeping the integrity of the sport by having it's top star be moral.
Yet such a great story was hardly covered outside sports.

Is this proof that Ronda has indeed become the megastar MMA was waiting on?

IuNOPcQ.png

no one really knows Rousey outside the US....Yesterday's race was probably on newscasts around the World.

Strong Arm Ron's popularity will never surpass any top 5 female tennis player, let alone the fastest human being who's ever lived.

When Ronda defeated a very dangerous challenger in Bicth Coheya she was on every news program program possible, even ones outside of the sporting world such as Huffpost Women and The View. She became a cross over star the likes of Michael Jordan.

However yesterday Bolt defeated Gatlin who has been running the fastest times all year and has been a known steroid abuser in the past. The race was very important since it was about keeping the integrity of the sport by having it's top star be moral.
Yet such a great story was hardly covered outside sports.

Is this proof that Ronda has indeed become the megastar MMA was waiting on?

I feel bad that you have such a distorted view of clean and dirty athletes in running. At the very top of the food chain you only have two types of athletes - Athletes caught using PEDs and athletes who haven't been caught using PEDs. Nobody in that group is actually clean/moral/etc.

You either get on pharmacy grade enhancers or you can't compete at that level. Period.

Unless you believe someone with great genetics, prayers and vitamins can beat out an entire field full of athletes on drugs that give them superior strength, speed and stamina.

If you believe that then the tooth fairy riding my favorite unicorn has a bridge she wants to sell on my behalf.

idk bolt was making headlines after he won but ronda has never been on the frontpage(i think) where i live

Ronda is going to be the biggest martial arts superstar that has ever lived. She's well on her way, but she's going to get a lot bigger than she is now.

Not possible. No female in any sport will ever be bigger than her male counterparts. simply not possible. There will never be a female michael jordan or a female Ali. Women will always be below men. She is at the moment, the most popular mma fighter. But that is of right now, with Mcgregor very close behind. And she's only popular cause she is a female.

But it's simply not possible for a woman to be known as the best ever. There will never be a female bruce lee.

Rousey earns more $$$ from competition in sport. :cool:

And your number is a bit out of date.

$15 million now, $5 million in earnings.
http://www.sportrichlist.com/mma/ronda-rousey-net-worth/

No she doesn't. Usain has an appearance fee of between 750-1 million just to run for 9.XX seconds.

In up to 7 races per year he earns nearly 7 million dollars for just over 1 minutes work. This is competition earnings.

Bolt earns 10 million per year just with Puma alone. My 20 million plus is closer to 40 million +

Nobody knows who Ronda is where I am from. Almost everyone knows Bolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back