Has Rockhold wasted time?

he wasted his time if he wants to fight volume like Kevin Holland but we all know isn't the case.
personally, i don't think he should have returned. he's taking massive ko's and can't seem to seal the holes in his game.

He should have his time to keep his hands up and respect his opponents' punching power. He didn't

If Luke were a robot then he could just order a main circuit board/ motherboard.
Hes not so I really dont see him fighting again......not in an mma cage. Grappling events, maybe but I think he dipped an unsuccessful toe in that already.

I'm sure this guy has plenty bank so off to the next chapter of his life .He seems like he can do other things - he might have to drop the arrogance needle down a bit but........

He'll be bald by his early 40s or not worth walking around with something that looks silly .In fact , he should go completely skin now - get a leg up.I dont say that to make fun of - being helpful & serious cause his ego is triple x.

yeah he has, but if he fixes the defense/cockiness then he can probably still be a top guy. or if he cant fix the defense then he needs to learn how to get fights to the ground better because his top game is fucking insane.

i say this every time but its hard being a rockhold fan lol.

Last edited:
You have got to feel for Rockhold.

The first victim in Jans reign of terror over the LHW & MW divisions.

But then I remember all the trash talk to Jan, who was ranked #5 at the time, and Rockhold was dismissing as an easy fight.

The guy clearly overestimated his abilities, its probably best for him that he stays retired after that life changing knockout.

He saw former mediocre middleweights Santos and Smith go up and get title shots so he thought as a former champion he would do even better.

Yes absolutely. Same goes for Alexander Gustaffson. Both guys had big success but as soon as they lost, instead of coming back hungrier, they became salty and entitled and spent more time complaining than actually taking fights.

In a career with a limited life span, it is insanely nearsighted to waste years of money making opportunities because you feel that you are "above" fighting many guys on the roster. When they're only in their 50s and have lived an extravagant lifestyle with no other skills to fall back on, many athletes witll regret not taking every opportunity they had to put more money away (especially with medical bills later in life after sustaining a lot of damage).

Fans focus WAY too much on trivial, intangible goals like "legacy" and "resume" but at the end of the day, these guys are fighting for their livelihood and their pride has gotten in the way of their potential to have much, much more financial security in their later lives. Mid 30s may be "old" in sports terms but it is incredibly young in real life.

Honestly though perhaps not a bad thing, I suspect a more active Rockhold would have been fed to more prospects, probably been KOed by Jiri by now as well.

Bigish name with low motivation and taking lots of fights is a sure path to brain damage.
Assuming Rockhold would have stayed at LHW...Reyes, Jiri, Ankalev, Smith, Santos, Volkan and Rakic all KO luke with that shot chin of his.

<36>

Yes

A lot of fighters retire too early and then come back 2 years later

Rumble is a great example, really fucking stupid move, they think they're gonna go make millions outside of fighting and they're sorely mistaken

Yes absolutely. Same goes for Alexander Gustaffson. Both guys had big success but as soon as they lost, instead of coming back hungrier, they became salty and entitled and spent more time complaining than actually taking fights.

In a career with a limited life span, it is insanely nearsighted to waste years of money making opportunities because you feel that you are "above" fighting many guys on the roster. When they're only in their 50s and have lived an extravagant lifestyle with no other skills to fall back on, many athletes witll regret not taking every opportunity they had to put more money away (especially with medical bills later in life after sustaining a lot of damage).

Fans focus WAY too much on trivial, intangible goals like "legacy" and "resume" but at the end of the day, these guys are fighting for their livelihood and their pride has gotten in the way of their potential to have much, much more financial security in their later lives. Mid 30s may be "old" in sports terms but it is incredibly young in real life.
They think they're just bad motherfuckers in every area of life, and everything will come as easy as MMA... it's not easy to make money in the real world

Rumble is another great example

Back