Has PFL already surpassed bellator

ZxxRnn

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
are they the second biggest promotion already

Meh... Not really.

Bellator has arguments for having the best 205 division... They have had arguments that their champ champs could be better than the UFC champs

Has anyone ever made that argument for PFL??

Homegrown fighters in Bellator actually have fanbases.

Is there a male fighter on PFL more or equally popular than Mckee and Pitbull??

Could PFL overtake Bellator this year? Yeah sure but it's not there yet

If they bring back the one night tourney and sign bigger stars. Big YES.

It's not there yet. I mean all you have to do is read the list of the top fighters on the Bellator roster and the list of the top fighters on the PFL roster and see which list has more recognizable names to you. PFL is still a relative unknown to most casual fight fans, while Bellator at least has a bunch of guys with name recognition.

Of course this Jake Paul thing could change that pretty quickly. Could easily surpass Bellator within the next year or two if everything Jake is saying comes to fruition.

It's not there yet. I mean all you have to do is read the list of the top fighters on the Bellator roster and the list of the top fighters on the PFL roster and see which list has more recognizable names to you. PFL is still a relative unknown to most casual fight fans, while Bellator at least has a bunch of guys with name recognition.

Of course this Jake Paul thing could change that pretty quickly. Could easily surpass Bellator within the next year or two if everything Jake is saying comes to fruition.
They need to use jake as a recruiting tool, cant put all your eggs in one basket on someine who might fight twice a year. Their succes with the paul deal is who else they can sign now.

Meh... Not really.

Bellator has arguments for having the best 205 division... They have had arguments that their champ champs could be better than the UFC champs

Has anyone ever made that argument for PFL??

Homegrown fighters in Bellator actually have fanbases.

Is there a male fighter on PFL more or equally popular than Mckee and Pitbull??

Could PFL overtake Bellator this year? Yeah sure but it's not there yet
Is this even the criteria? Does the strength of the roster really mean anything considering the rumors that Bellator is for sale… for pissing away too much money?

People love to talk up how deep the pride roster was… did that mean Jack shit at the end of the day when pride ultimately became yet another decapitated head on a pike in front of UFC’s castle? People were talking up strike force’s hw roster being better than ufc. Did that mean Jack shit when their head was stuck on a pike too?

PFL just got more investments while bellator has rumors of it about to go belly up. Does their roster mean a damn if they bankrupt themself raking up this unsustainable payroll?

financial health > the depth of the roster

Last edited:
PFL has a roster of nobodies. Personally, I only ever tune in if Ray Cooper is fighting. Bellator, on the other hand, seems intent on killing itself. They're pushing long stretches between events, lately.

Not quite yet imo, but possible.

Right now they've made an announcement, let's see what they actually do with it before saying they're taking over the game.

I'd argue Rizin has been bigger and better than PFL for the most part

They had Vadim Nemkov vs. Jiri Prochazka seven years ago. Both are considered champs of Bellator and UFC 205 now.

And we just saw how Bellator vs. Rizin went, so Bellator is clearly the #2 org.

You could also argue that One is biggest and better than PFL based on name fighters from the UFC who have gone there and their quality at lower weight classes. And you could argue ACA is better than PFL too

So PFL might conceivably be the #6 org right now. But I'd say it's clearly UFC #1, Bellator #2, and a close race for #3 between Rizin, PFL, One, and ACA

Of all the various tier orgs, considering those with the most presence, PFL is frequently the one I enjoy watching least.

Are you trolling or what?

Sadibou Sy went undefeated in the 2022 season at 36 years old, and took home a million. Let's be real here.

Is this kind of like being the tallest manlet in the room?

I’ve seen a few Bellator cards (2-3 years ago). Every time I watched it was a total shit show. Fuck that noise.

giphy.gif

Seen maybe 5 PFL fights ever. It’s just not my thing. When most of your roster are UFC castoffs. That pretty much covers it, doesn’t it?

The only other mma org I watch is Invicta.

I dig the new girls coming up. I like knowing who they are before they get to the UFC. Invicta is a great feeder promotion for the UFC. With all due respect.

warriors-yes.gif

Is this even the criteria? Does the strength of the roster really mean anything considering the rumors that Bellator is for sale… for pissing away too much money?

People love to talk up how deep the pride roster was… did that mean Jack shit at the end of the day when pride ultimately became yet another decapitated head on a pike in front of UFC’s castle? People were talking up strike force’s hw roster being better than ufc. Did that mean Jack shit when their head was stuck on a pike too?

PFL just got more investments while bellator has rumors of it about to go belly up. Does their roster mean a damn if they bankrupt themself raking up this unsustainable payroll?

financial health > the depth of the roster

I assumed we are talking about from a fan perspective not a business perspective.

And also I put TWO criteria strength of roster and popularity. Don't get why you are ignoring the second one

Back