Has Paul Kelly been released from prison ?

deise69

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/18/4442980/veteran-fighter-paul-kelly-sentenced-to-13-years-for-heroin

Veteran fighter Paul Kelly's mixed martial arts career is likely over after he was recently sentenced to 13 years in prison by a British court for heroin trafficking.

The 28-year-old Kelly, a native of Liverpool, England, was sentenced by the Liverpool Crown Court for his role as the ringleader of a drug-trafficking ring.

Sentencing judge Mark Brown broke down the reasoning for the sentence against the ex-UFC fighter. "In my judgement you decided to supply Class A drugs when your contract with UFC was terminated," Brown was quoted as saying in the Liverpool Echo. "You obviously enjoyed the high life and saw selling heroin as an easy way to make money."

Kelly fought nine times in the UFC from 2008-11, compiling a record of 5-4. He was twice awarded Fight of the Night honors: First for a UFC 80 victory over Paul Taylor, then for his UFC 126 loss to Donald Cerrone. The Cerrone fight was his last in the UFC.

Kelly, a father of two children, last fought in March, winning a first-round knockout over Henrique Santana in Essex, England.

Does anyone know if he's been released lately ?

Maybe he got a phone smuggled in.

I thought he got a massive sentance. Like decades long.

I'd listen to a casual conversation between him and Terry Etim, just to see what words I can understand.
The trilogy of fights between Kelly, Marcus Davis, and Paul Taylor were all fantastic.

Last edited:
British prison? Yeah he's probably got access to the internet. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was already out on a 13 year sentence knowing their prison system.

Geez, I didn't even know he was in prison.

What were his apparent crimes?

British prison? Yeah he's probably got access to the internet. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was already out on a 13 year sentence knowing their prison system.

Well since you know their system, can you share? In the US he would do about 1/4 of his time, or 3-3.5 years. Similar there?

I'd listen to a casual conversation between him and Terry Etim, just to see what words I can understand.
The trilogy of fights between Kelly, Marcus Davis, and Paul Taylor were all fantastic.

Paul Taylor was a gamer, miss watching that guy fight.

13 years for a first conviction is insane.

Agreed. PTI or probation I figure. Hell maybe 36 months even.

Well since you know their system, can you share? In the US he would do about 1/4 of his time, or 3-3.5 years. Similar there?

In New York State, with the amount of the narcotic he was accused of being in possession of, he would have been charged with NYS PL 220.21 (Criminal possession of a controlled substance 1st degree) which is a class A-I felony and would have been made to serve a term of between 15-25 years.

Just clarifying for anyone who thought otherwise, I have to read Penal Law everyday at work.

I never liked him...fairly exciting but just had an 'orrible chav vibe to him, could never get behind him.

so was this a legit tweet? did the guy actually get out of jail?

Back