Has Pac ever fought a Defensive Fighter??

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Luv2BaHater, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Luv2BaHater

Luv2BaHater Yellow Belt

I know Pac has fought plenty of wars and thats why people like him. I just dont see how/why people are writing off Floyd so easily in this fight. I've seen people post "1st round ko" and "3rd round TKO". Pac, in my mind hasnt even fought a defensive fighter with half the caliber of Floyds skills so how can people come to this conclusion. I can only think that its blind nutthugging, really. They say Clottey was a half way decent defensive fighter, but he didnt even throw punches, just stand there and take it. He never got hurt either. Freddie Roach was saying after the fight, "We beat a middle weight tonight", ok but anyone can do that if they never punch back. He was basically punching a heavy bag that night. Clottey was just getting a paycheck IMO. I still see PAC/FLOYD as a coin toss, Im goin for Floyd but I dont know if he'll win..By fight night, it will be an even money bet in Vegas. Anyways, I guess we'll see what happens when they fight, hopefully, but can anyone recall him fighting a defensive fighter??

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. M o A

M o A Banned Banned

Freddie 'shakes' roach? WTF man, have some respect u ill mannered punk.

3. Luv2BaHater

Luv2BaHater Yellow Belt

yeah, my bad.. i meant to delete that b4 i posted it but forgot..that wasnt very nice.

4. McDuck**

McDuck** Purple Belt

Who the hell is writing off Mayweather? He should be favored in the fight. But what people use as a standard is that pacquiao had problems with JMM, a counter puncher. And with those two fights, they use that as a standard. With that basic logic, they say that Mayweather will beat him because JMM gave pacquiao the most trouble. Mayweather fights nothing like JMM. Counter punchers they maybe, but Mayweather is not willing to fight fire with fire... Throw between Pacquiao's combinations. That is what JMM did. That is why he was successful against pacquiao. And pacquiao does offer a lot to the table against mayweather. (1) fluid combination punching. Consistent combination punching that counteracts mayweather's cautious counter style (2) Footwork. Not necessarily better footwork, but arguably quicker feet to close the distance; feet that can get him in & out with his combination punches before Mayweather can react (like I said, MAYWEATHER FIGHTS NOTHING LIKE MARQUEZ). (3) Speed. Speed fighters are not use to fighters who had equal speed. It's really a double edge sword of course, but it is a problem. Zab Judah won the first four rounds against Mayweather with his athleticism (and really deserved a knockdown), but like clockwork, Judah front runned and fell apart after the fourth like clockwork.

But of course Mayweather offers a lot as well. Despite everything, I still feel there might be untapped potential to mayweather. He might very well offer more than expected. He's a very sharp counter puncher that takes advantages of mistakes of a lot of fighters. He has a penchant for catching fighters off-balance and despite mach improvements, mid-shift lunges of pacquiao's as he darts in can still be taken advantage of (pacquiao just doesn't lose his balance afterward, but a pinpoint sharp shooter like Mayweather can take advantage of it). And while mayweather for the most part prefers to use his upperbody for defense, his footwork is deceptive. I'm still not quire sure how good it really is because for the most part, he keeps it planted, but against dangerous pressure fighters like Baldomir, Corrales... he was twinkle toes.

And the most important aspect of this fight is going to be based on distance, footwork... It's not punching power, it's not speed... It's distance, it's footwork. Those things are going to determine everything. I am going to put money down for this fight and I admit I am a pacquiao fan, but honestly... I am torn because these two top p4p fighter are perfect foils for each other. I am very indecisive and I would be very disappointed if this fight never happens.

5. Blitzwing 206

Blitzwing 206 Banned Banned

Floyd saw what happend to Clottey and wanted non of it...."1,2,3 all landing BANG!BANG!BANG!......BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! YOU GONNA THROW SOMETIME?! BANG! BANG! TRY AND STOP IT! BANG! BANG!

6. McDuck**

McDuck** Purple Belt

Pacquiao is going to have to fight smart... Coming in with quick combination and get out. He can't unload like he did against Clottey. Mayweather would roll the punch and sling a counter hooks.

7. Luv2BaHater

Luv2BaHater Yellow Belt

ur a fool if you think the fight is gonna be as easy a Clottey.

8. VisceralDragon

VisceralDragon Green Belt

Yes, Clottey covers up and stands there, Mayweather has brilliant head movement, closes the distance as well as anybody can and jabs at the speed of light. Not impossible, but it will be one hell of a task.

9. enswell****

enswell**** Blue Belt

One guy has balls as large as grapefruits while the other guy has a tiny little wizened raisin ball...

I'll give him this though: he used to have balls (2001 with Corrales and 2002 with Castillo).
    After Castillo, dude basically stopped beng a fighter. (Became a bullshit artist and conman instead.)

10. Blitzwing 206

Blitzwing 206 Banned Banned

Would you say i'm crazy if I said that Goku would destroy Superman?

11. flipspeed

flipspeed Yellow Belt

depends, what level super saiyan would he be?

12. Thanatos2

Thanatos2 Green Belt

You guys are nuts. Goku would get roflstomped by Big Blue.

"KAAAAAMEEEEEE(SLAM)" Punch into the moon

Supes show's why he's the archetype.

13. ricin

ricin White Belt

Nope, Pac has never fought a defensive wizard like PBF before. Although PBF has never faced an offensive genius that never tires before. Oh well, could've been a great fight. Talks are Pac vs Marg in Mexico! Hope Margarito pulls it off but Pac is too quick for him. Pac UD 12.

14. McDuck**

McDuck** Purple Belt

You know 3 years ago, people would have thought you are fucking nuts to match Pacquiao with Margarito... Now they could end up doing it at 154.

15. ricin

ricin White Belt

Tell me about it. 4 years ago, people scoffed at the thought of putting Pac in there with Hatton. I was one of them, lol. "Too big, too strong." Pac is a fuckin' hustler :icon_chee

16. uppercuts21

uppercuts21 Brown Belt

How many defensive fighters has Mayweather fought?

17. Keeper

Keeper Green Belt

clottey is a defensive fighter

18. oniham

oniham White Belt

Goku would easily destroy superman, he was able to blow up the earth at super sayian 1...