Has Mike Perry actually gotten worse?

I feel like he used to be quicker, better reflexes and had a more complete striking game. Compare his early fight when he destroyed that Korean guy to now

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Mike_Perry_vs_Mickey_Gall_Full_Fight_UFC_on_ESPN_12_Part_1/10357443

Yeah I agree his striking seemed a little more stiff in his last fight. But his submission defence and overall grappling game has improved. Also he looks much stronger and has gained some size since he first joined the UFC. He showed smart fight IQ his last fight. Despite looking stiff in the stand up, he stayed composed and did not rush anything, was very patient and didn’t burn out. Also he was willing to take the fight to the mat. With that attitude he is going to win way more fights, than just being a brawler.

Now he just needs to find a real coach and team, he actually has some solid potential.

His timing and distance were off since he basically didn't train for that fight. Overall, he isn't getting worse technically. He was not at his sharpest against Gall though.

He was fine, good grappling moments. I did expect Perry to finish Gall though, so not sure if i put that down to Perry being that average or Gall being that tough
Gall got pounded out by Fabia's towel boy. I think it was more Perry underperforming

People don’t realize that Gall is pretty good himself. Shitty wrestling, but a legit BJJ black belt, and constantly working his striking and kickboxing with the likes of Joe schilling.

Galls striking has improved, but he can’t wrestle worth anything so he can barely utilize his best attribute which is his BJJ.

On top of that he doesn’t have great cardio, nor is he strong or explosive. Basically lacks the physicality to be elite IMO.

he didn't have a camp for this fight. only saw him hitting the heavy bag few times and grappling some random dudes in some bum gym. ofc it was enought to beat Mickey Gall.

I think he is average, he could be better but he's like Gus, only shows up sometime.

His striking reflexes and timing did suffer from the lack of sparring , but strenght and conditioning were on point.

Gall got pounded out by Fabia's towel boy. I think it was more Perry underperforming

That was way before Sanchez was fabias side piece. Actually more like shortly before, but Diego was still training hard at Jackson/winks with a real team at that point. Sanchez now a days however would either get submitted or Ko’d by Gall if they fought in a rematch lol.

That was way before Sanchez was fabias side piece. Actually more like shortly before, but Diego was still training hard at Jackson/winks with a real team at that point. Sanchez now a days however would either get submitted or Ko’d by Gall if they fought in a rematch lol.
He was working with Fabia then too. Privately they said. Whatever that means.

He was working with Fabia then too. Privately they said. Whatever that means.

Yeah did remember them saying that too. But I’m pretty sure Sanchez was still primarily training there nevertheless. At least somewhat anyways.

Back