Has McGregor ever had the reach disadvantage?

I agree, however, the few times Cerrone used his kicks in the Diaz fight he had success with them, im not sure why he didn't continue with it. Conor has much more versatile kicks so i think that should be troublesome for Nate. Hope he has some success though.
Nate has trouble with leg kicks. Conor hasn't shown much as far as leg kicks. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him implementing it.

Thanks for being honest.
He uses the jab well at range but tends to wade in after he throws it. Not always, but enough. I think his brother uses his length better even though they have similar striking styles. Just an observation. I think that might be a poor thing against a good counter puncher like McGregor because it negates the reach advantage and Conor's uses his length well. Nate is also a good boxer, but his footwork isn't the best. Speed will be a factor, too. These were just the things running through my head when they announced the matchup. Nate may surprise the hell out of me, he has in the past.

Nate has trouble with leg kicks. Conor hasn't shown much as far as leg kicks. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him implementing it.
Has anyone Nate fought ever thrown the type of kicks Conor will? Lots of straight body shots and spinning kicks?

He uses the jab well at range but tends to wade in after he throws it. Not always, but enough. I think his brother uses his length better even though they have similar striking styles. Just an observation. I think that might be a poor thing against a good counter puncher like McGregor because it negates the reach advantage and Conor's uses his length well. Nate is also a good boxer, but his footwork isn't the best. Speed will be a factor, too. These were just the things running through my head when they announced the matchup. Nate may surprise the hell out of me, he has in the past.

Nate likes a long right cross, he used it several times against Michael Johnson, and he used his length to put the hurt on Jim Miller as well with 1-2 combos. I don't think Diaz wins here, but he knows how to use his length.

Nate likes a long right cross, he used it several times against Michael Johnson, and he used his length to put the hurt on Jim Miller as well with 1-2 combos. I don't think Diaz wins here, but he knows how to use his length.
You're right, I did notice him using range well against Johnson. I won't discount Nate, we've never even seen Conor at 155 much less heavier in the UFC. I hope Nate feels he has adequate time to prepare, but I'm sure he's in pretty good shape already.

Back