Has Khabib's chin ever really been tested?

The MJ punch is over-exaggerated, he wasnt as badly hurt as Joe made it seem, infact the "punch" that landed was a miss that hit the shoulder iirc.

Edson Barboza spun and kicked him but Khabib's shoulder took the brunt of that, it didn't cause Khabib to become tentative though to his credit.

Here is the irony. Khabib despite everyone ranting how horrible his standup is, in 26 pro fights has never been hit clean?

What does that tell us? Maybe he's just incredibly lucky... 26 times.

watch the mj khabib fight carefully MJ landed just one punch on his face but people make it look like khabib "got tagged" or "almost finished" the finish was no where close. Fuck Rogan

well, I wouldn't like to see Khabib eat as many shots as Nate did, that's for sure, but Conor's left hand clearly isn't the automatic death sentence the McNuggets would have us believe.

even little old man Floyd ate it and then beat his ass :D

Not really, he does a pretty good job of closing the distance. The thing that worries me is Conor is a counter puncher and will be waiting when Khabib runs in.

Here is the irony. Khabib despite everyone ranting how horrible his standup is, in 26 pro fights has never been hit clean?

That 24 of them are cans..

He grapplefucks people 90% of the time. This doesn't mean he's Pernell Whitaker.

Not really, he does a pretty good job of closing the distance. The thing that worries me is Conor is a counter puncher and will be waiting when Khabib runs in.

And Conor Will use his kicks. He has excellent kicks and use it to set up his punches. People thinking he will never kick out of fear of the takedown in my opinion are wrong. He has to kick to keep his man off-balance. He will use it to create distance. He is excellent at getting that leg back after to avoid a takedown.

i'm done doubting conor

it's going to be an interesting fight and conor has proven he can handle adversity. Conor KO round 2

All that sticks in my head is MJ rocking him. I expect Khabib to win BUT if that left connects clean it can ko anyone at that weight.

He grapplefucks people 90% of the time. This doesn't mean he's Pernell Whitaker.

He stood with Barboza and Iaquinta for a significant portion of the fight. He stood with Johnson for a good part of the fight as well.

What about his fight with RDA?

As conor fans are fond of saying, every fight starts on the feet. So if every fight he has been in has "started on the feet" on every round he has fought, why hasn't he been rocked or dropped? Conor has by a guy with no KO power.

Khabib is not the defenceless little lamb on the feet that some people seem to think. Granted it’s not very good, but it’s far from disasterly.

Thats true, It will also be on Conors mind that the last thing he wants is to end up underneath Khabib so that could have an effect also. This will be a test of nerve for both guys. I have never really seen any strong evidence to make me question Khabibs chin.

The MJ punch is over-exaggerated, he wasnt as badly hurt as Joe made it seem, infact the "punch" that landed was a miss that hit the shoulder iirc.

Some people act like that was the equivalent of Hunt taking the Cro Cop kick

Thats true, It will also be on Conors mind that the last thing he wants is to end up underneath Khabib so that could have an effect also. This will be a test of nerve for both guys. I have never really seen any strong evidence to make me question Khabibs chin.

We can’t question it to be bad as it’s never really been tested but that doesn’t mean it’s good, due to the same fact. Makes me thinks of Jon Jones when he was running through everybody until we found out he had a phenomenal chin.

You’re correct, with the takedown threat he may not be able to commit to his punches as much. Honestly I’m just super pumped for the fight and can’t wait. Other than Cody/Tj I cant say the last time I was so excited for a fight.

Back