Has Khabib ever even mentioned Oliveira's name?

He acknowledged him being a great fighter and looking good in his bout with ferguson. what you want him to say ?

Last time Khabib fought, Oliveira's best win was Kevin Lee. Don't be ridiculous.

Sure..

<23>

Backtracking now when Ferguson is on the downturn.. nEvEr He HaD a ChAnCe AgAInSt KhAbIB..

Oliviera's your next bandwagon to jump on, go ahead.
Do some research if you'd like. Tony's only chance was if he could last to the later rds and maybe Khabib would be tired. Always seemed like a longshot to me.

He said pass the olives at least once in his life

Possibly. I mean you can't really say ducking since Oliveira was at 145 when Khabib was a contender at 155 and Oliveira just worked his way up to a title shot when Khabib retired. I think he certainly doesn't want anything to do with him though.
<BidenShutIt>

I've heard him [Khabib] say he wouldn't even need his grappling against Chandler

If this is true it’s just some silly BS. Khabib doesn’t have much without his grappling. And even with all that Khabib has he would have his hands full with Chandler.

I can't find anything if he has. I've said for a long while he would be the most interesting matchup for Khabib. People were high on Tony but Tony is much easier to control in the grappling. I've heard him say he wouldn't even need his grappling against Chandler, he also mentioned guys like Gaethje well before they fought and called out Conor but in regards to Oliveira it's cricket noises.

Wouldn't a fight against a high level grappler be interesting for him? No words of congratulations for him becoming the new champion and back when Khabib was champ and Oliveira was knocking on the door for a title shot... Nothing. It's like Khabib is pretending he doesn't exist.
Yes in his russian interview with maga, he said Charles oliveria is good but doesn't excite him. He said Michael Chandler didn't excite him either because Michael has been finished too many times lol.

If this is true it’s just some silly BS. Khabib doesn’t have much without his grappling. And even with all that Khabib has he would have his hands full with Chandler.

Nonsense. Chandler is a short-winded midget. He was gasping for breath after Round 1 with Oliviera.

Khabib would murder Chandler looking for an actual challenge.

Last edited:
He'd walk Chandler down. Chandler isn't good on the back foot. It'll look similiar to gaethje. Let's be real. Just look at any fights that Chandler has where he's on the back foot. He runs like a track player. His defense is terrible on the backfoot. The moment Charles stopped backing up and held his ground, Chandler got countered and tried to circle out. Chandler moves in straight lines. It would have been easy for khabib. Oliveira is a better match up out of the two.

Jesus christ not everything has to be about Khabib. Move the fuck on

He doesn't need to now but he could have before. Also why not congratulate the new champ? He mentioned Tony the other day, why not mention Oliveira?
Oh yeah, he should have said "that guy who beat Jared Gordon would be an exciting next fight". Khabib was already retired by the time Oliveira beat Tony, which was his first top 5 win. Why would Khabib have called out a guy without a top 5 win before that?

Possibly. I mean you can't really say ducking since Oliveira was at 145 when Khabib was a contender at 155 and Oliveira just worked his way up to a title shot when Khabib retired. I think he certainly doesn't want anything to do with him though.
If you look at how Chandler was ground and pounding Oliveira him, and how easily Kevin Lee was getting out of his submissions (until he Lee gassed), I honestly think Khabib being one of the best wrestlers out there, multiple time combat sambo world champion and Judo blackbelt, and a two time NAGA jujitsu world champion , would have absolutely murdered him. Plus Islam Makachev and Arman Tsurakian also beat him.

He'd walk Chandler down. Chandler isn't good on the back foot. It'll look similiar to gaethje. Let's be real. Just look at any fights that Chandler has where he's on the back foot. He runs like a track player. His defense is terrible on the backfoot. The moment Charles stopped backing up and held his ground, Chandler got countered and tried to circle out. Chandler moves in straight lines. It would have been easy for khabib. Oliveira is a better match up out of the two.

Justin was scared to death of Khabib. I think Chandler can deny Khabib takedowns just like Ragin Al did and threaten with his own takedowns like Tibau. On the feet Chandler is a lot quicker and a bigger threat than both Al and Thibau.

Oh yeah, he should have said "that guy who beat Jared Gordon would be an exciting next fight". Khabib was already retired by the time Oliveira beat Tony, which was his first top 5 win. Why would Khabib have called out a guy without a top 5 win before that?
Dude dont bother. This is what they're going to cling to. And if Khabib were to come out of retirement and be Oli and Chandler then they'd be cans and it'd go to the next flavor of the month. We just gotta stop giving them attention

Back