Has Khabib ever even mentioned Oliveira's name?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can't find anything if he has. I've said for a long while he would be the most interesting matchup for Khabib. People were high on Tony but Tony is much easier to control in the grappling. I've heard him say he wouldn't even need his grappling against Chandler, he also mentioned guys like Gaethje well before they fought and called out Conor but in regards to Oliveira it's cricket noises.

Wouldn't a fight against a high level grappler be interesting for him? No words of congratulations for him becoming the new champion and back when Khabib was champ and Oliveira was knocking on the door for a title shot... Nothing. It's like Khabib is pretending he doesn't exist.

Khabib knows his whole brand entirely relies on being Undefeated on paper (Lost to Tibau but poor judging gave him the nod).
Losing once would be utterly devastating in his case considering his boring fighting style so cant blame him for running away.
Losing to a grappler as well would be bad. If he were to get knocked out that wouldn't be so bad. He's supposed to be this legendary grappler though and they claim he has never been submitted even in training. It would hurt his brand big time.

A retired fighter not talking about fighting someone? Shocking....
He doesn't need to now but he could have before. Also why not congratulate the new champ? He mentioned Tony the other day, why not mention Oliveira?

I can't find anything if he has. I've said for a long while he would be the most interesting matchup for Khabib. People were high on Tony but Tony is much easier to control in the grappling. I've heard him say he wouldn't even need his grappling against Chandler, he also mentioned guys like Gaethje well before they fought and called out Conor but in regards to Oliveira it's cricket noises.

Wouldn't a fight against a high level grappler be interesting for him? No words of congratulations for him becoming the new champion and back when Khabib was champ and Oliveira was knocking on the door for a title shot... Nothing. It's like Khabib is pretending he doesn't exist.
Do you think Khabib was ducking Oliveira?

Bitter Ferguson fan jumping on another bandwagon..

Shocking.

It was "cricket noises" because Charles had Kevin Lee as his single biggest win by the time Khabib retired. And you know that but still made this thread. I love Charles but hate how he's the new Khabib-hater meme. Charles wasn't top echelon and had 0.00% chance of a title shot when Khabib retired, let it go and stop with this bullshit revisionist history.

Do you think Khabib was ducking Oliveira?
Possibly. I mean you can't really say ducking since Oliveira was at 145 when Khabib was a contender at 155 and Oliveira just worked his way up to a title shot when Khabib retired. I think he certainly doesn't want anything to do with him though.

Bitter Ferguson fan jumping on another bandwagon..

Shocking.
I like Ferguson but never thought he had much of a shot against Khabib. Never thought Gaethje did either. I've been saying Oliveira was a bigger threat since before Tony lost to Gaethje.

Khabib knows his whole brand entirely relies on being Undefeated on paper (Lost to Tibau but poor judging gave him the nod).
Losing once would be utterly devastating in his case considering his boring fighting style so cant blame him for running away.
Careful now buddy. I smell fighter bashing. Double yellows already on deck. Your trolling ass might be gone pretty soon

Khabib will only fight someone on the level of GSP. In terms of legacy there is no one that adds to it for him, why should he stop living comfortably and get back into camps?

Look at it this way, fighting and defeating Khabib adds to the legacy of any fighter on the roster. There is no one fit to do this for Khabib.

I like Ferguson but never thought he had much of a shot against Khabib. Never thought Gaethje did either. I've been saying Oliveira was a bigger threat since before Tony lost to Gaethje.
Khabib ain't ready for that shit. He's never fought anybody as mentally tough as Tony, if he lets up for a second Tony will beat that ass.

Sure..

<23>

Backtracking now when Ferguson is on the downturn.. nEvEr He HaD a ChAnCe AgAInSt KhAbIB..

Oliviera's your next bandwagon to jump on, go ahead.

Back