Has Khabib EVER been in trouble in a single fight?

Not in any real trouble, he's never faced any adversity so we don't know how he reacts.
He was trying to stand with MJ and got outstruck and a little dazed. Thats about it I think.

can’t remember a single instance where Khabib was rocked, getting pounded on etc.

While Conor has been in trouble in several fights, and has been submitted several times.

Conor seems to have an easy time with smaller guys, but not so much with bigger . He threw the kitchen sink at Nate and couldn’t knock him out

Prediction: Conor will tag Khabib but it won’t be enough to finish him. Khabibs will, pace and determination will be too much

People are pushing this idea that he was rocked against michael johnson, its so retarded. Its like, he actually got hit for once? Ate it like tictacs. People are so stupid

People are pushing this idea that he was rocked against michael johnson, its so retarded. Its like, he actually got hit for once? Ate it like tictacs. People are so stupid
He didn't really eat it, he clearly stumbled a bit and was lucky he was fighting a guy that lacked the technique and composure to take advantage of that opening.

there isn't a lightweight on the planet who can take shots as well as that version of Nate.

BJ Penn could, better, for years. Not even close.

BJ would have murdered Conor. It would have been an execution.

Has Khabib ever showed up to a fight when he was supposed to fight a top 5 guy ?

Look at the guys BJ fought over the years. None of those guys so much as dropped him, and you think Conor would have? Seriously? You think Conor could where GSP, Nick Diaz and Lyoto Machida failed?

The very best Conor could have hoped for is a decision, but BJ could win in many different ways.

A titanium chin, under-rated wrestling and world class BJJ, why exactly do you think Conor could do anything but get murdered in that fight?

As have I..

tenor.gif
Mmmmmm you made me crave it now :D :D :D

You make it sound like a bad thing

So because none of Khabib’s former (lesser) opponents could hurt him, that means Conor can’t either, and Khabib is invincible, unbeatable, etc. Even though not a single one of his past opponents can box... at all. Who are you comparing? Edson? MJ? Horcher? Zero boxing. Very very little countering ability. Not known for their grappling either. Conor is far more dangerous for Khabib than them.

Idiot.

Clear eyes during the whole exchange, defends 4 follow up punches easily, continues marching forward. This isn't much at all. the fact that this is all that people have on khabib speaks volumes.
The problem is he walks straight back and looks uncomfortable. Keep in mind that's MJ plodding forward and throwing wild looping punches, not Conor sliding forward throwing lefts down the pipe. People sleeping on Conor's footwork hard, watch the Holloway fight and you'll see how much distance he covers, it's crazy.

I think it just shows us khabib isn't gonna pressure through Conor's strikes for the TD like people are saying. The one time he got hit clean, he's backing straight up. No slipping, no duck unders, no counters, no lateral movement, just trying to back up quicker then his opponent can come forward.

Sometimes it's a bad thing spending a career not getting hit.

Look at the guys BJ fought over the years. None of those guys so much as dropped him, and you think Conor would have? Seriously? You think Conor could where GSP, Nick Diaz and Lyoto Machida failed?

The very best Conor could have hoped for is a decision, but BJ could win in many different ways.

A titanium chin, under-rated wrestling and world class BJJ, why exactly do you think Conor could do anything but get murdered in that fight?

I'm an old school guy too, but sometimes we romanticize our old favorites a bit too much. BJ did have a granite chin at LW, no question. His bjj was obviously terrific, how he got his nickname, etc. for winning the Mundials after so little training. His TDD was stellar for sure, but his offensive wrestling really was extremely average (if that). His boxing was very good too, among the best in the sport in his prime. But he had zero kicking game, wasn't even a threat with it. He did find a variety of ways to counter really good wrestlers (the flying knee to Sherk as Sherk tried to level change was a thing of beauty).

But...

Conor manipulates distance so much better than anyone BJ ever fought. He combines precision and power better too (Machida maybe being the one guy you'd compare). Conor also has a granite chin. I'd give prime BJ the cardio edge though.

Prime BJ vs Prime Conor at LW would be stylistically one of the more fun hypothetical fights to make. I just think it's over-the-top to say prime BJ "murders" Conor.

The current LW division is just insanely good though. Unbelievably good. Conor is probably the 3rd best LW in the world right now imo. I think he loses to Khabib, but I think Ferguson is actually the best LW on the planet. Plus you have Poirier, Gaethje, Alvarez, etc. AND the younger guys like Gillespie coming on to the scene. If you rule the LW division in this era, you are special.

can someone insert the laughing Jordan gif in here for me? this guy is such a clown

What was he wrong about?

Nate easily could’ve went up to 180 or so.

He does have an iron chin, he has one of the best we’ve ever seen in mma and at 170 it may seem even better.

We don’t know about Khabib’s chin at all.

So...?

Has Khabib ever showed up to a fight when he was supposed to fight a top 5 guy ?
Khabib has indeed faced only one top 5 guy in his career. Edson Barboza who can only kick.. Edson can't punch or fight backwards. Conor sleeps Khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back