Has Joe Rogon stayed past his welcome?

Why do you say this? Do you not agree that joe rogan has massive bias in his words and commentary? Half the forum agrees with me

Let me point out that the other half doesn't.

Don't get me wrong Joe is a good guy but i feel like he could be on borrowed time

Why? Because you don't like him? Or have you seen something in your tea leaves?

Rogan's the best at what he does!

Look i know a lot of you guys are biased toward joe rogan but at the end of the day he doesnt call it like we see it plus he has a favorite in every fight , i 'm honestly not sure if he has personal preferences or if he is fed lines through an ear piece

Would be nice if you watch other sports to realise Joe's bias is not unique.

I don't know how Joe is supposed to act. Should he intersperse his commentary with the occasional "By the way...fuck Dana!" to get back his MMA-Hipster cred? The problem I see is that they need a third commentator, like a Bas Rutten, who actually knows the sport to drown out Goldberg's babbling idiocy.

Say what you want about Rogan, won't change the fact he's the best at what he does. He amplifies the excitement of the fights. His passion and attention to detail during the fights is unparalleled.

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?

I would say you have outstayed your welcome.

i'll just make some points of why i find these threads ridiculous

-the broadcast lasts like 5+ hours. if you agree with everything a guys says for that long youre in a cult or in love

-if commentary is such a strong focus for you, youre probably a negative bitch. i dont give a fuck what rogan says during gus vs jones. in fact i cant even remember him saying anything. during a good fight him and goldberg are background noise. them screamming OHHHH!!! is pretty much their noticable contribution to a good fight. imo if youre a fight fan and mediocre commentary bothers you you're a whiny bitch

- people have zero fucking clue about how commentary works. goldberg has a role and job to do and so does rogan. i hear so many stupid fucks talking about how annoying goldberg is etc etc. his job is to read ads, tale of the tape, make points and read notes the ufc gives him, cue up rogans POV, and most importantly be enthusiastic. rogans job is to describe the action and make it interesting. when youre trying to explain whats going on or make things exciting for 5 hours, shits going to happen. sitting back and shutting up because you feel like you have nothing interesting or tasteful (not shitting on somebody) to say is not an option. he has to talk and has to censor himself

-whos better? people act like oh they need bas... no they fucking dont. bas is an awesome dude. hes likeable. he is entertaining. hes also not a great color guy. its not just about what you know, its about picking an interesting pov and expressing ideas. rogan is light years ahead of bas at color commentating. people shit on how dumb goldberg is but have you fucking listened to the shit that comes out of mauros mouth. he makes goldberg sound like a fucking astrophysicist.

-all commentators are biased. even if its unintentional. if you havent noticed this youre a complete fuckwit. the majority of sports have local commentators broadcasting the home team and they are biased as fuck. if youre holding rogan to the standard of other commentators and complaining hes biased youre being biased yourself or a fucking knob

This has been addressed so many times it's not even funny.

Rogan's "bias" is him calling the fight the way he sees it. He's human. Sometimes it may seem a little off but most of the time he's on and the fans of the "other fighter" are simply mad about it.

Perfect example was Cain/JDS 2 when Cain was completely dominating and JDS looked horrible. Joe said "Cain is dominating and JDS looks horrible" and people actually called him biased and got mad at him for not giving JDS credit for not dying or whatever....

I swear it's as if people want him to find something, ANYTHING to say nice about the other fighter just to "keep it fair" even if one guy is dominating and the other guy is looking horrible.

and yes, sometimes it's more even and joe makes it sound like one guy is dominating but that's the way he sees it. Sometimes he's focusing on the fantastic'ness of a technique someone is using, or focusing on the fact that someone is doing something unexpectedly (like a completely different gameplan than everyone thought or winning in an area--like striking--that nobody thought) and there's nothing wrong with that.

Perfect example for that would be if a great striker fights a mediocre striker and they fight evenly on the feet. Well Joe is of course going to praise the mediocre fighter and give him nonstop praise because the other guy is SUPPOSED TO BE A MUCH BETTER STRIKER

but whenever that exact situation has come up, instead of understanding, people get mad that he doesn't point out that the other guy is still doing enough to keep it even.

Of course he's not going to say that when the other guy was supposed to be dominating on the feet!

Commentating is as much about what you expected to see as it is what you actually see (and so is the viewing experience of watching a fight for us fans)

If you expect to see a great grappler do great grappling but instead he gets all his takedowns stuffed, you (and Joe) are going to fixate on that.
If you expect to see a great knockout artist land big strikes but instead he gets outstruck, you (and Joe) are going to fixate on that.

That's natural. It would be unnatural to do anything else (especially just focus on the fact that the guy who was supposed to dominate or do X greatly is instead only doing it mediocrely)

On one hand I really love hearing Joe and Goldy rather than Annik or Florian, but fuck, I think you're right, especially at the weigh ins.

Too much Rogan yelling. He's also not the best analyst anyway. Way biased at points.

With all the fighter cuts-changing other aspects are only natural and should be expected. I like Dana, too, but it seems that his and Rogan's voice/face are getting old. They are NOT and never should be considered higher than the fighters themselves.

Man seriously who gives a fuck get off his nut sack people let the man do his job. No one ever will appeal to.everyone's tastes n likes. Joe is ahilarious
Comedian has .badass podcst show. Always keeps.the fights entertaining . unless u want an automated robot commentators will always have some type of bias shit going on about something.

Oh look, another joe bitching thread.

He's by far the best commentator in MMA.

Do we all need to deal with the bias and just shut up then? I thought more people were sick and tired like me when they hear joe rogan go through the motions for a pay check at the end of the day

Everyone's biased. I remeber the first Fedor's outings in Pride Bas and whoever was his partner at the particular point sounded almost as if they wanted him to lose. Only later he did get some appreciation. Schiavello was biased too when commentating the K-1 events and I still loved his work. So yes, Rogan does indeed come off as biased towards some of the fighters on the roster but I think that is only natural. I REALLY doubt UFC makes him do it.

Fact is though, I'd much rather have him than Annik and Florian.

I'd be happy if they replaced him.. I'd be happier if they replaced Anik.

Do we all need to deal with the bias and just shut up then? I thought more people were sick and tired like me when they hear joe rogan go through the motions for a pay check at the end of the day

so, you never go through the motions to earn your paycheck?

Man seriously who gives a fuck get off his nut sack people let the man do his job. No one ever will appeal to.everyone's tastes n likes. Joe is ahilarious
Comedian has .badass podcst show. Always keeps.the fights entertaining . unless u want an automated robot commentators will always have some type of bias shit going on about something.

love joes podcast, question. your punctuation?

Back