Has Joe Rogon stayed past his welcome?

After seeing the most recent Bellator event, I don't want anybody to replace Joe Rogan AND Mike Goldberg. Some people take them for granted here.

I dont love joe but i see no need to axe him whatsoever. Guy comes to work, knows most of what he is talking about, and does a better job than almost all of the competition. To get rid of him would have to be some personal reason we all don't know about (e.g. drug related or his relationship with management) but that's a bridge we may never even cross.

I don't really care for Joe & could take or leave his commentary but I have to admit he is better than most I have heard. Bas was always my favorite. Lastly Joe is no puppet & definitely speaks his mind. I don't think he gives a f*ck what Dana & company tell him. He's a fan, knowledgable, & has his favorites like we all do. His commentary has no outcome on whether I enjoy a fight or even score it.

I don't believe the UFC is feeding him lines, but like Sonnen, I think he seems himself as a company guy and willing to say some stupid shit sometimes because of it.

Yeah, he is more cautious about what he says on the show. During the cinncinatti card, he did a live podcast with BJJ Legend/GOAT Schaub, and he was a lot more open about his personal opinions. He also slammed the nos commercials and talked about how awful it is to watch UFC on FS1 with the lack of corner cams. I enjoyed that more than anik and K-flo, so i muted them instead.

replace with Bas and all problems are solved!

I like it. It's his opinion that's all. Take it or leave it. It's great being able to agree or disagree. I love those times when he's commenting "oh! So and do
Just ate a big shot!!" and you're like. "WTF fight are you watching Joe?!! No he didn't " and then your guys lays joes dude out and you're like "F-Yeah!"

a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters,.

Is this new? Joe has never hid his favoritism for guys or bias for BJJ fighters, hell he use to be a walking (well guess he sits when doing PbP) advertisement for Eddie Bravo during fights.

What annoys me more, with both him Goldie and many announcers, are the Cliches we get every fight, no Jon Anik you moron Matt Browne vs Erik Silva was not one of the greatest fights of all time, it was good, but when you think "Greatest" you think top 10, not greatest 100, and no these guys aren't killers, they've never killed anyone. Also the attempts to sway the fans by over calling things, many see GSP vs. Hendricks as one sides because even when Hendricks misses a punch Joe is screaming that GSP is wobbly and on the robes, he called every punch like GSP was already KO'd and it does change how you view a fight (another big Joe call is a guy flailing for a leg and joe screams "HE'S GOT A KNEE BAR," no silly he's knocked out cold and grabbing for whatever he can)

No sure if there's favoritism on Joe's part, but yes sometimes he's biased alot. But Anik and Florian... Oh boy, every fucking moves, takedowns and knockdowns are the best evar. To ear Anik say that Brown vs Silva is one of the best fight in MMA history ( goood fight, but not THAT good ) is cringeworthy imo.

Yeah I recorded that fight and was so hyped for it after hearing how epic it was. I was really disappointed. The first two minutes were awesome but the rest was just sad. A one sided beat down. I was baffled by that comment at the end. Not even top 150.

Listening to Joe Rogan, especially his podcast, is like listening to one of the cool kids confidently saying stupid shit to act cool and trying to get you to believe what he wants to you believe and something's wrong with you if you don't. I don't really want to listen to people like that. Reminds me of assholes in real life. Listening to Ken Flo or Bonnnar/Firas is a refreshing change.

... Bas was always my favorite. ...

I liked Bas + Quadros the best, especially when Bas isn't singing or saying Transformers... decagon... err err err err errr. Bas & Quadros were probably a major reason why PRIDE FC felt top tier regardless of their goofiness backstage which was good.

I think its hard for him to transition between being just a fan (which I think he really is at heart) and being a professional broadcaster. He's just a sherdogger but does it for money.

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?

jumped the shark and screwed the pooch?

wtf joe?!

I enjoy is commentary and his passion is very infectious.
Perhaps some people don't like him, but I enjoy his enthusiasm. He's an extremely smart guy too so that knowledge bleeds into the MMA world and gives a unique perspective.

I love Joe! I hope he never leaves, sure he can be biased, but i have my own eyes and ears and dont buy too much into what he says whilst on his biased rants.

I love him for the nostalgic factor too. Im yet to hear someone do his job better, so until that person comes along, i vote keep him.

Wuadros was good. I still like rogan though.

Back