Has hatred ever explicitly influenced on a fight?

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
I so much bullshit on fight hyping and when they close the cage guys all fight cerebral. Grudge match hyping is all bullshit, look Rashad vs rampage, rashad vs jones, jones cormier. Was there ever a fight where emotions took over? Maybe Thomson vs Frye?

Don't know if it was 'hatred' or just fear, frustration, etc., but Brandao and Poirier both seemed pretty rustled and emotional during (and leading up to) their Conor fights.

Not MMA, but Frazier/Ali I might have had a different result if Ali didn't piss Frazier off so much.

I think Marcus Davis could have beaten Dan Hardy but Hardy pissed him off so much. Davis was so emotional in the fight, looked really pissed off the whole time, didn't fight half as could as he usually did and dropped the decision. Refused to shake Hardy's hand afterwards.

Not MMA, but Frazier/Ali I might have had a different result if Ali didn't piss Frazier off so much.

Very true. Roberto Duran had a deep hatred for Sugar Ray Leonard too, leading up to their first fight. Both Frazier and Duran fought like they were possessed by demons.

Don't know if it was 'hatred' or just fear, frustration, etc., but Brandao and Poirier both seemed pretty rustled and emotional during (and leading up to) their Conor fights.

yeah thats the first time i noticed a man break before they even fought

I think Marcus Davis could have beaten Dan Hardy but Hardy pissed him off so much. Davis was so emotional in the fight, looked really pissed off the whole time, didn't fight half as could as he usually did and dropped the decision. Refused to shake Hardy's hand afterwards.

IIRC, he extended his hand to Hardy after the bell rang, but I might be wrong.

Rampage/Wanderlei 3 couple love taps after the finish to let him know " fuck you! "

yeah thats the first time i noticed a man break before they even fought

They looked fine inside the cage though? I mean who am i to tell but i thought Prorier was fighting good up until Conor landed on him hard.

Frye vs. Shamrock. They had very legit hatred towards each other, to the point that neither man wanted to give an inch. Hence why Frye refused to tap when Shamrock had him in the hold (I believe it was a heel hook).

Chuck sure gave Tito a beating the first time around. I don't know if he would have hit so fast and so hard if it wasn't Tito.

Back