Has Greg Jackson solidified himself as the best coach ever in MMA?

Firas zahabi is GSP's coach, i think GSP only uses jackson as a cornerman/strategist, but Firas is his main coach.

It depends really. some athletes were going to be great no matter what. Tbh Diego Sanchez was the one who put his gym on the map, and he hasnt really taught Diego to become any better throughout the years.

I bet the same could be said about any of Diego's teachers at anything. Some guys are just not good students.

Sanchez changed camps when GSP showed up, he went back a few years later.

Certainly the most visible

I don't know how anyone could say any particular camp / coach is "the best".

Obviously, Jankon-Wink has a great thing going.

I'd just leave it at that.

case could be made for Bang Ludwig who pretty much made his team relevant within 1 year, and also Rafael Cordeiro whose trained a lot of good fighters into great fighters

Lol at Aldo not matching up to Jones dominance or accomplishments. The thing Jones has over Aldo is the name value of the people he has fought almost all of which were at the end of thier careers and significantly smaller then Jones.

Jones hasn't finished a true LHW since Ryan Bader back in 2011

Jackson wants his guys to win, no matter how ugly and boring it may be to most fans,

^THIS.

Jackson stopped the sport from being different disciplines pitted against each other. He's the man that instructed Carlos Condit NOT to trade with Nick Diaz. Imagine that fight we would have seen if Greg Jackson didn't exist.

I love it when his fighter's get beat. I was thrilled when Nate Diaz shellacked Donald Cerrone's face while Greg Jackson looked on. It was a wonderful night when Frankie Edgar dominated Cub Swanson for every second of the 25:00 they were in the cage together and left Greg Jackson throwing desperate overtures to his fighter at the last minute: "You have to knock him out"
Really Greg? What kept that from being the strategy when you talked to your fighter between rounds the other three times? When did you notice Edgar treating your guy like a doormat with far superior skills in all areas?

He's a great coach but Jones was going to be the best no matter what camp he went with. Thats why Greg Jackson told Rashad to go pound sand.

I don't agree. He is young I think his coaches had to remind him A LOT to maintain his gift and not screw it up (drunk driving, etc. all that crap that most dudes do when we are stupid early 20's). They constantly improve the beast that is Jones and also fix holes in his game that most of us fans do not understand.

Jackson has to be one of if not the best MMA coaches. I think Renzo is great and of course the dudes at AKA. ** Also Zahabi might be the best Matt Hume is great too.

lol'd

It's because Jones is the only A-level athlete in the UFC.

hes not even a level, his brothers are but not him, he couldnt cut it in football or basketball... true a levels are a ways off - the pay needs to increase more

Works with a wide variety of fighters and has been able to produce elite fighters regardless of size, age, reach, gender, or martial arts background.

He has produced champions from scratch? Coming into the gym with no experience in anything?

hes not even a level, his brothers are but not him, he couldnt cut it in football or basketball... true a levels are a ways off - the pay needs to increase more

When did he play football or baseball?

He went into Wrestling and MMA and did pretty fucking exceptional in both.

After all, he is only the LHW GOAT of MMA and on fast track to being the overall MMA GOAT

lol'd

It's because Jones is the only A-level athlete in the UFC.

mj-laughing.gif
sher.jpg
2gt3g5v_jpg.gif

Over the years he has definitely had winning and losing streaks. Overall the team of coaches at jacksons is the best. Anyone has winning percentages per camp/coach?

Definitely an impressive man. His corner work is second to none in my opinion.

That's because most corners suck. They have two or three people yelling different crap at the guy. He was just in a fight a second ago, how is he going to take all that in? Plus their advice is usually pretty useless. Even cormier's corner in this fight. Their main point was get "busier with your hands". Jackson calms them down first, then gives them something specific and technical to do.

Nope

He's. Overrated and many other factors come into why a fighter is good

He isn't the only one training a fighter

The problem with many coaches is.that they don't really analyse the other fighter while grehg has no life so he does

Greg is pretty good, but the best coach is clearly Ken shamrock

If he's not the best I'd struggle to think of who is. There are a few guys who have produced multiple champions. I think the #2 might be Rafael Cordeiro.

Cordeiro has trained Machida, Anderson, Wand, Werdum, Shogun, and Chris Cyborg. He's got Dos Anjos in a #1 contender position now. That's who I can think of off the top of my head.

Back