Has Diaz nut-hugging surpassed that of Conor at its peak?

WhuffieCollector

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Seriously, people ranking Nate as one of the top LWs when he hasn't won at LW in 4 years.

Reasons cited include beating Cerrone 8 years ago and beating a FW at WW (Pettis).

Nate is 2-3 at LW in the past 7 years.

Nate is not a top lightweight. Period.

This is not fighter-bashing--Nate is a good fighter who had a great run at LW about 7 to 8 years ago, but the fact is he is not currently deserving of a high ranking at LW.

For further information, please review the lightweight rankings which do not include his name.

Pettis is not a FW.

He may have fought twice there, but he's a LW.

Casuals gonna casuals, same thing for masvidal, welcome to the WWE era.

There really isn't much Diaz nuthugging going around lately.... Like at all.

Obviously nowhere near Conor nut-hugging at its peak. This thread is kinda dumb.

I don't think so.

I cant recall nate fans saying half the stuff that the conor nutchuggers have made.

Nate is a very good journeyman lol.

Pettis is not a FW.

He may have fought twice there, but he's a LW.
I'll give you that, but he's a small LW for sure.

Point still valid that Diaz, who has missed weight at LW in the past, beat a very small and inconsistent Pettis at WW, which does not make him a top LW.

Pathetic attempt to deflect attention away from every other thread being about a guy who hasnt won (or even fought a fight) in years.

The McGarglers have been out in full force recently that’s for sure

Both Diaz' brothers are more likeable and had a better career than Conor, anyway.

I don't think so.

I cant recall nate fans saying half the stuff that the conor nutchuggers have made.
Yeah but Conor at least accomplished some things that could be blown way out of proportion.

Nate has done almost nothing in the past 7 to 8 years at LW. All he did was beat Conor when he was at his peak fame, then lost to him in the rematch, both at WW. Somehow that made him a LW all-timer in some peoples' minds, and I don't understand it.

209 bitch ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, you about to catch this fade.

Nate is a .500 fighter (outside of his early wins) who thinks he won every fight that he lost.

Diaz boys are praised on here like Sherdog donated sperm to their existence and always have been. I don't get it all because a large majority of these fans actually believe the Diaz greatness.

Conor fans are just trolls mostly. They understand what Conor is and isn't for the most part. They just love to troll the shit out sherdoggers and many play right into every minute of the day.

I'll give you that, but he's a small LW for sure.

Point still valid that Diaz, who has missed weight at LW in the past, beat a very small and inconsistent Pettis at WW, which does not make him a top LW.

Well Pettis was both the WEC and UFC LW champ. And also defended the UFC belt as well.

But yes I do see your point.

I agree, but if we're looking at ufc rankings Conor's a top lightweight for beating Alvarez in 2016 and losing to Khabib
This thread isn't meant to be so much about Conor, it's more about me not understanding why people think Diaz is a top lightweight.

But I put Conor in the title so that's my fault LOL.

Diaz has 0 wins at LW in that timeframe you are talking about.

There really isn't much Diaz nuthugging going around lately.... Like at all.

Obviously nowhere near Conor nut-hugging at its peak. This thread is kinda dumb.

ehhh I'd disagree. Alot of strong-armed Diaz fans around here. Especially for Nick, can't tell you how many people not only this site but on social media think that Nick Diaz would beat Jorge Masvidal. It's crazy, like you really think a guy who has spent the last 8 years partying & getting high, along with not winning a fight in nearly a decade is capable of beating a killer who is still active? Not a chance.

The Diaz nut huggers used to be much much worse. For the most part now they have been relegated to the shadows.

Back