Has Dennis Siver even beaten any high-level fighters?

His run is - without question - the best among active contenders. Who else deserves the shot? Frankie? Give me a break..................

[YT]Yy8MUnlT9Oo[/YT]

He put a good fight against Swanson.

McGregor is going to beat him silly tho.

He also had a close fight against Maynard in his prime and beat Wiman whose no push over either.

He's not elite but he's good, definitely in the top 25% of the UFC roster

Funny how Conor gets a title shot from beating Siver and Poirier, who both lost to Cub.

Should have to fight a top 5 opponent to get a title shot.

DP was ranked 5 when they fought, right? Also, had Max not been robbed against Bermudez, he would likely have been ranked near the top 5 at the time of their fight. Given the manner in which he has disposed of his opposition, and the fact that he ran through both DP and Holloway (a potential contender in the division), it is quite clear that he deserves the shot if he beats Siver (another top 10 win).

DP was ranked 5 when they fought, right? Also, had Max not been robbed against Bermudez, he would likely have been ranked near the top 5 at the time of their fight. Given the manner in which he has disposed of his opposition, and the fact that he ran through both DP and Holloway (a potential contender in the division), it is quite clear that he deserves the shot if he beats Siver (another top 10 win).

Fighting people ranked under you doesn't get you a title shot.

The win over sotiropoulis put him in some serious title talk if I remember. He put the stamp on George who everyone was picking by domination over Siver.

Siver was legit. I do think he's on the down turn but he's still a very good fighter. I'm looking forward to this fight.

didnt dustin also jump up multiple rankings when he was about to fight conor? Siver is fun to watch, but yes. He doesn't have any great fw wins, and plus the illegal substances he took, both are negatives

In his defense, wasn't he pregnant?

Fighting people ranked under you doesn't get you a title shot.

I am fairly certain that your premise is flawed. With a win on the 18th, Conor will receive his title shot. He would have, by a large margin, the best current streak in the division.

Sivir doesn't have much of a shot here, but anyone with multiple spinning back kick KOs is going to have me as a fan for as long as they're around.

Throw that spinning shit, Sivir, and pray.

Sivir doesn't have much of a shot here, but anyone with multiple spinning back kick KOs is going to have me as a fan for as long as they're around.

What do you think of Paul Felder? That spinning-backfist was gorgeous.

Dustin's got solid wins under his belt. If he was anywhere in the top 6-10, he was ranked just fine.

He was at 7, then jumped to 5 when he was booked to fight the goat. Dustin's best wins were also from years ago. I personally would have had him ranked around 10-12 ish around the time he fought the goat.

I am a McGregor fan but also appreciate the TKD from Siver. Usually a fun fighter to watch.

tumblr_mlsz7fn7rF1qhndw9o1_400.gif

What do you think of Paul Felder? That spinning-backfist was gorgeous.

Agreed, outstanding performance. Fighter of the Night for me. Completely outclassed Castillo, a very good established gatekeeper and knocked him cold. One to watch!

paul-felder-knocked-out-danny-castillo.gif

Holloway > Siver.

I think Siver/Holloway is a pick em fight. A great fight that I'd love to see, but i probably wpuld favor Siver. And Holloway wasn't as good when he fought Conor as he is now. Siver definitely destroys the Max that fought Conor. But Max improves a lot each fight, and has looked pretty good his last few, so I think him and Siver could be a good fight. Clay Collard gave Max some fits in the striking department too, so I'm pretty sure Siver could. And nothing against Clay, I think he's gonna put on some good fights in the UFC. Regardless, I truly believe Siver is easily Conor's biggest test, and I think he's gonna bring it and it's gonna be a great fight. Siver has been around a long time, and he knows this his finally his time to shine if he can perform. He's gonna give it hell that night i think, and try the old spinning back kick to the gut. Though it may not be enough, and he'll be just another, to fall to the Notorious one.

I am fairly certain that your premise is flawed. With a win on the 18th, Conor will receive his title shot. He would have, by a large margin, the best current streak in the division.

Yeah, fuck earning a title shot by fighting those ranked above you.

Back