Has Dennis Siver even beaten any high-level fighters?

Its about money fucko. UFC is about money. Havent figured it out yet?
absolutely agreed...it is all about money...if u think that the title shot in UFC comes on the base of merit then u are living in the last (sad but true)...conor gets the title shot widout goin through mendez...swanson..edgar...it sucks...but as i said before...uncle dana can do whatever the fuk he wants...when ever the fuk he wants...and there is no point in complaining..it is highly unlikey siver can do anything against conor...and what did conor say?he gona KTFO siver widin 2 minutes haha..that guy has a big mouth...but as long as he wins...it dun matter...i hope siver beata him silly...that wud b a sight to see lol

McGregor is a brown belt, and his grappling so far in the UFC and late in his CW run has been neigh-perfect.

Siver is the one with less tools to finish the fight. Odds, and viewing both fighters should tell you this. Plus, Siver is coming off of PEDs as well, and he's getting old.

Didnt knew this, sorry.
Conor seemed a more one dimensional fighter to me, since all his wins come by early KO. Siver actually uses his BJJ effective, so I see Siver as more rounded fighter than Conor, he also is more experienced. Conor didnt really fought guys like G-Sot, who just about to get a title shot. So I disagree with Siver having less "tools".

Still my opinion but I feel that Siver is VERY underrated at this site and at the betting odds. Hype seems to favor Conor IMO.

People act like it's a gimme fight, it's actually a more even fight.

Didnt knew this, sorry.
Conor seemed a more one dimensional fighter to me, since all his wins come by early KO. Siver actually uses his BJJ effective, so I see Siver as more rounded fighter than Conor, he also is more experienced. Conor didnt really fought guys like G-Sot, who just about to get a title shot. So I disagree with Siver having less "tools".

Still my opinion but I feel that Siver is VERY underrated at this site and at the betting odds. Hype seems to favor Conor IMO.

People act like it's a gimme fight, it's actually a more even fight.

Hill_1.gif

Reversal against Diego Brandao (GFY):

Wrestling control against Max Holloway (GIFs):

yNPZM5.gif

y4ZArn.gif

vVVw7x.gif

y3OkD4.gif

Fair enough, we're at a difference of opinion. I think the odds are a bit lopsided, could be some value to take Siver straight up from the huge lines. I do think Conor should be, and is, regarded as the clear favorite.

George Sotiropoulos and Matt Wiman were both in the top 10 in most rankings when Siver beat them.

Siver is easily the toughest fight of Conor's career. And I would definitely consider his win over G-Sot a top win, I can remember being shocked watching that fight.

If Edgar didn't get an immediate title shot vs Aldo I would say he deserves it. But because he didn't earn his first one let him get next shot after Aldo rematches for the title. Who else is ahead of the goat aside Frankie and my reason for him not being next?

He doesn't need to be great to fight conor atn.

Has Connor?

As far as I'm concerned Aldo and Mendes can continue to rematch each other until someone can beat either of them, which won't be happening soon.

Mendes > Fredgar

Lol what? Lay off the pipe.

His run is - without question - the best among active contenders. Who else deserves the shot? Frankie? Give me a break..................

G-Sot/ Wiman/ Nunes were all top ten at their time of defeat.

Siver is easily the toughest fight of Conor's career. And I would definitely consider his win over G-Sot a top win, I can remember being shocked watching that fight.

Holloway > Siver.

As much as I like him and his style, no, his wins (especially coupled with the hGC loss) aren't over great opposition.

Siver is a good test. If siver is on and Connor is off a little, siver could win. Not likely but could happen if a couple bad luck things happen, like getting sick or a bad cut etc....

EDgar had a questionable title shot or 2, so I'm not going to lose sleep on that one.

Diego Nunes was highly touted when Siver beat him, not sure if he was top 10 or not but that was his biggest win at FW.

He stopped Gsot's 7 fight winning streak

Siver has gotten unlucky in that a lot of the people he beat were good when he fought them but flame out shortly after.

G-Sot was on a huge win streak with his latest win being a sub over Lauzon.
-Siver beats him
-G-Sot goes on to lose his next four fights
-"That win is no good. Siver beat a can."

Diego Nunes was 17-2 and his only recent loss was a close decision loss to perennial contender Kenny Florian.
-Siver beats him
-Nunes loses three of his next four fights
-"That win is no good. Siver beat a can."

Wiman and Fisher were similar in that regard. Wins that were good at the time but are given no credit due to losses that Wiman and Fisher accrued after the fact.

Dustin was absolutely a legit win, but everyone knew that wasn't enough to justify a shot at Aldo, so Conor gets another fight...but if Dustin was #5, then why did the UFC then match Conor up with #9/#10, instead of having him face another top contender, like Mendes, Lamas, Edgar, Swanson...?

right. there indeed is no 'conspiracy', because the gifted easy path to the title shot is out in the open for everyone to see, lol.

Because they were already booked to fight when he took the Siver fight? :icon_neut

Here's the three most recent featherweight title challengers and their final win before the title shot.

Jung beat Poirer before his title fight.
Lamas beat Erich Koch before his.
Mendes beat Nik Lentz before his.

The only one of those better than Siver is Poirier, whom McGregor has already beat.

/thread?

Back