Has Dennis Siver even beaten any high-level fighters?

Nope, Dustin was #5 before he was matched with McGregor. Siver was #10 and now he's #9 since KZ dropped out.

People goin crazy with the McGregor conspiracies.

Dustin was absolutely a legit win, but everyone knew that wasn't enough to justify a shot at Aldo, so Conor gets another fight...but if Dustin was #5, then why did the UFC then match Conor up with #9/#10, instead of having him face another top contender, like Mendes, Lamas, Edgar, Swanson...?

right. there indeed is no 'conspiracy', because the gifted easy path to the title shot is out in the open for everyone to see, lol.

Just gotta accept that the UFC does whatever the fuck it feels like at this point, regardless if it makes sense or not.

They're giving the fans the fights they want to see. McGregor Vs Aldo will sell a lot better than Aldo Vs Edgar 2.

I'm really hoping for a siver spinning back kick to the gut of Mccregor

im so over this 'conor doesnt deserve a shot' bs.

aldo has already beaten cub and frankie, why would the ufc do another pointless rematch that were all sick of anyways? i know they just did it with hendricks lawler 3 but shit if they do an edgar aldo 2 before mcgregor aldo i would lose whatever amount of faith i have left in the ufc..

aldo is about to clean out the division unless he fights conor.

korean zombie got ts when he beat poirier,lamas beat koch to get his. edgar deserves it most,but conor is far more deserving than chael or nick were when they got their shots at jones and gsp. conor is 4-0 in ufc,if edgar doesnt get it,there is no one more deserving than conor

I suspect this is a "gimme" fight for McGregor. Just to help build the hype around him. Nothing wrong with that, of course, as long as he keeps winning over better competition.

but conor is far more deserving than chael or nick were when they got their shots at jones and gsp.
You just named two title shots that are still bitched about to this day as examples of why Conor should get his.

You just named two title shots that are still bitched about to this day as examples of why Conor should get his.

just to bcler edgar should get it....BUT conor fight is bigger,and come on there were more undeserving title shots than his(if he wins)

When he beats Conor he will. Or was Conor ever a high level fighter?

I presume the guy I was replying to was referring to UFC rankings, which I also was. Go look at the Corassani fight, it's right there on the screen before the fight that Poirier is #6.

I knew you which rankings you were talking about but like I said they don't archive their rankings. Do you have a screen shot? I don't know where to find that fight and i'm at work.

Here's the three most recent featherweight title challengers and their final win before the title shot.

Jung beat Poirer before his title fight.
Lamas beat Erich Koch before his.
Mendes beat Nik Lentz before his.

The only one of those better than Siver is Poirier, whom McGregor has already beat.

2 minutes is all he has in order to beat the GOAT according to the laws of GOAT. :icon_chee Don't run around to get past the 2 minutes now.

Assuming Conor wins, there is no other fighter at 145 that deserves the shot more. It is that simple. The people stating otherwise are blind.

They're both kinda even in that department.

History can be cruel sometimes. Judge his fights in the context in which they occurred. Sotiropolis was nearing title contention. Wiman had won 3 straight against quality opponents. Even Fischer who was coming off a loss had a great record at that point with losses against pretty much only high level fighters.

Here's the three most recent featherweight title challengers and their final win before the title shot.

Jung beat Poirer before his title fight.
Lamas beat Erich Koch before his.
Mendes beat Nik Lentz before his.

The only one of those better than Siver is Poirier, whom McGregor has already beat.
Jung was a replacement.
Lamas defeated Swanson, Hioki, and Koch before his TS. All of them top 10 fighters. 2 of them were top 5 at the time.
Mendes has victories over 4 top 10 FWs in his career, with his only loss coming from Aldo.

If you can't see the difference, I feel bad for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back