Has Daron Cruickshank's ko been overlooked for 2012 ?

No, it's just that Barboza's was 10 times more epic and, therefore, gets 10 times more love.

That was a bad night for Martinez

I always feel extra bad for the guys that take nut shots THEN get KOd

Tuchsherer vs. Gonzaga was the worst I can remember. Gonzaga absolutely crushes his nuts, then kicks him in the head after a long restart.

Indeed, but wasn't he also overlooked for the KOTN bonus for the card?

It was a great performance, but by that point in the fight he was basically playing tee ball on the guy, so it doesn't really qualify as a KO of the year.

mirkofilopivicwanderlei.gif

Reminded me of Wand/CC esp. since Cruickshank was really working the body with kicks that got Martinez to lower his guard to block what he thought was another one at just the right time(not that Martinez is known for his striking defense in the first place).

It's not the fighter who's amazing, it's the opponent who's weak. He made the biggest mistake by keeping his hands super low and then trying to catch the kick itself. Who the hell does that other than Sean Salmon? Got what he deserved.

It's not the fighter who's amazing, it's the opponent who's weak. He made the biggest mistake by keeping his hands super low and then trying to catch the kick itself. Who the hell does that other than Sean Salmon? Got what he deserved.

17129_cruish1.gif

Daron was punishing his body with kicks in the first round and varying them with ones to the head as well. Martinez seemed to think that another body kick was coming and didn't realize the truth until too late.

It was a beautifully set up headkick KO.

Maybe I'm thinking of another fight?

Lemme check...

Edit - Nope... Must have been thinking about another fight. Still, anybody that takes a nut shot and gets KOd has a special place in my heart, lol

Don't know if this is just because of the angle but it does somewhat seem like he did

DaronCruickshankEstherLinMMAFighting_display_image.jpg

I remember seeing a really funny shoop of the gif, let me see if i can find it.

EDIT: Props go to GSPOAB

heemfuckingsleepy.gif

Back