Has Daron Cruickshank's ko been overlooked for 2012 ?

Carl25

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
CruickshankDetroitSuperstar.gif

Looking at the ko in realtime is quite the treat as well
13897_cruiko.gif

He seems to throw that kick with the least amount of effort.

Considering he's fighting Makdessi next, I'm sure Joe Silva noticed it.

Beautiful KO, I hope fighters will try to pull that more often.

Its not just the KO, its the fact he laid an incredible beatdown on Martinez, who seems to possess an iron chin, then finally managed to finish him off.

Yeah Cruikshank is a new favourite of mine for that technical beatdown he put on Martinez followed by that sweet KO

That was a slugfest from what I recall, the other guy took one hell of a beating and Daron looked on point. He reminds me of a tad more powerful Martin Kampmann

That was a bad night for Martinez

I always feel extra bad for the guys that take nut shots THEN get KOd

That was an awesome fight, I'm glad I bet on Daron that night, he certainly delivered in highlight reel fashion.

Martinez took a nut shot?

Maybe I'm thinking of another fight?

Lemme check...

Edit - Nope... Must have been thinking about another fight. Still, anybody that takes a nut shot and gets KOd has a special place in my heart, lol

Last edited:
It's so perfect, one of my favorites. Way better than the Pettis/Lauzon one that made it in to most top ten KO-lists of the year.

I think it has been overlooked TS.

That fight, well should I say, beatdown, was awesome to watch. One of the fun fights of last yr.

i was at that fight sittin up in the nosebleeds and i heard the kick, it was awesome

Martinez is a tough sob. Took a beating in that fight and that kick was the final nail in the coffin.

Brilliant finish.

That was a great fight and kudos to Cruickshank for not being a dirtbag and attacking Martinez's unconscious body.

Yes it is, as are sooo many more. It was overlooked on that card too as it didnt even get KOTN.

one hopes they would not overlook a great ko & also the fact he is one classy dude he could have followed up with a devistating flying punch from the stand & chose to be one of the classiest finishes a fighter could choose . I see a fighter that others can admire & respect also would make a great CHAMPION ! one cool mofo

I admit I knew very little about Daron before that fight. He put a beatdown on Martinez (who proved to be VERY durable) and finished him dramatically. I'll be watching out for Cruickshank!

Back