Has Dana or Reebok commented on Jon leaving rehab?

Yeah, Dana said something along the lines of:

"This kid is unbelievable. He is part of the new breed of addicts. He beat his addiction in 1 day instead of 28. I'm so fucking proud of this guy for leaving rehab so early."

Read it in his voice and everything. :icon_lol:

He went to rehab as an outpatient. He can check out quickly.

The inpatient thing is long ��

Outpatient treatment is just as long, if not longer. There is no "checkout" per se - you get to live at home, but it still entails going to meetings at the facility (usually daily). You don't get deemed "fixed" after one day and sent off to travel to an NFL game.

Last edited:
I get the impression he isn't very bright. I get the PR move of going to rehab after the shit storm being revealed to the public, but then he makes it 10x worse by leaving in just a day. Who does that? That's a special kind of stupid. He would've been much better off being honest that he is a recreational user who got caught but he's too fake for even that.

People sitting here waiting for anything negative to come out about Jones so they can somehow feel better about themselves

I swear this Jones doing coke has brought out the most pathetic side of haters i have ever seen

Fair argument for sure, but what do you think does more damage to the sport. Having a champion who's had a DUI while champion, and a positive cocaine drug test while champion, or removing the belt off of him, have him actually recover his seemingly destructive behavior (note that I'm using the word seemingly cause wtf do any of us really know) and potentially get the belt back because after all he's the best fighter in the world right now? With the UFC attempting to legitimize itself as a sport with the FOX deal and more consistent ESPN coverage, I think stripping, although drastic, is a better cause for change and the ultimate legitimization of the sport.

Completely understand your point tho.

Legitimizing the sport seems to be disingenuous. While there are several nations that UFC is not sanctioned to go to, I would argue that it has pretty much won acceptance on a mainstream scale. They have done this by consistently contracting with the best fighters in the world, and allowing those fighters to determine their careers with their performance.

I think that the delegitimizing force has a lot more to do with a fighter having a win pulled after a bad PED test on every other card [Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, Nate Marquardt, Vitor Belfort, Stephan Bonner, Royce Gracie, Sean Sherk, Bigfoot Silva, Chris Leben, Ken Shamrock, Thiago Silva, Thiago Tavares, among many other notable fighters] rather than the #1 P4P, in the most popular weight class, having his belt after a bad test for a recreational drug.

disclaimer: I am a proponent of legalization of drugs, and dealing with them as a health issue. I do not see punitive measures as something that will encourage healthy decisions in the future.

rehab is voluntary anyway, unless court ordered. he can check out at any time.

You completely miss the point. Whether or not he can leave when he wants, should he be leaving is the question. Will Dana be so proud of Jones for not sticking with rehab after he gushed about him manning up and going to rehab in the first place?

People sitting here waiting for anything negative to come out about Jones so they can somehow feel better about themselves

I swear this Jones doing coke has brought out the most pathetic side of haters i have ever seen

This:icon_excl

Outpatient treatment is just as long, if not longer. There is no "checkout" per se - you get to live at home, but it still entails going to meetings at the facility (usually daily). You don't get deemed "fixed" after one day and sent off to travel to an NFL game.

He will be going back later then 😑

How do you know he isn't? 😉

I don't care that he did coke, I just think its funny what a fuckin idiot he was about it. It would've been better if he hadn't have gone to rehab at all.

They're foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs bro.
The most hypocritical, petty people are Jones haters. 👥

1 day in rehab. Big fat lol on that one! I'm sure he behaved himself at the football game he "had" to be at. Cocaine use for King Jones is allowed but pot gets a ban? The commission is a bizarre collection of people with their hands in the pockets of fight promoters.

Dana gave him a bump up in his salary

anybody? anyone?

Legitimizing the sport seems to be disingenuous. While there are several nations that UFC is not sanctioned to go to, I would argue that it has pretty much won acceptance on a mainstream scale. They have done this by consistently contracting with the best fighters in the world, and allowing those fighters to determine their careers with their performance.

I think that the delegitimizing force has a lot more to do with a fighter having a win pulled after a bad PED test on every other card [Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, Nate Marquardt, Vitor Belfort, Stephan Bonner, Royce Gracie, Sean Sherk, Bigfoot Silva, Chris Leben, Ken Shamrock, Thiago Silva, Thiago Tavares, among many other notable fighters] rather than the #1 P4P, in the most popular weight class, having his belt after a bad test for a recreational drug.

disclaimer: I am a proponent of legalization of drugs, and dealing with them as a health issue. I do not see punitive measures as something that will encourage healthy decisions in the future.

Separate argument, but I also am for the legalization of drugs, as well as prostitution.

To each his own with your argument which, like I said, completely understand. Not often you find a conversation like this happen on sherdog where typically someone (including myself) will get emotional about it. Good shit.

Yeah, Dana said something along the lines of:

"This kid is unbelievable. He is part of the new breed of addicts. He beat his addiction in 1 day instead of 28. I'm so fucking proud of this guy for leaving rehab so early."

chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

Or it could just be the preponderance of evidence that this whole situation seems to be a bit of a ruse.

Once again, at this point it's hardly about Jones. He seems to be an unfortunate focal point by those that do not grasp what most of these inconsistencies in policy are pointing towards.

I just want to hear how the UFC tries to spin this one

I can see it right now with Dana

"this guy is something special, he had a serious addiction but he showed what he can do and why he is greatest pound for pound fighter and he kicked that addiction in a day.
You can see it all on FightPass"

Did you not see the question mark?

LOL, what does the question mark have to do with anything? You said Jones left rehab after one day without a source. It's no wonder why your dumb thread went nowhere.

Jon Jones is so great, he defeated rehab by first round (night) KO.

It was Jon Jone's OWN MOTHER who first reported that Jon Jones only spent one night in rehab. Dana White has come out and refuted what Jon Jone's mom first reported by saying the following:

White, though, told the Boston Herald that Camille Jones’ characterization of an “overnight stay” was “not necessarily the case.”

“When the whole story comes out, people will understand,” White told the newspaper on Wednesday. “It will be put into perspective. When Jon Jones comes out and does his interview, the truth will come out, and everyone will understand. Or they won’t, you know. Jon is a very polarizing guy, people either love him or they hate him. Either way, the truth will come out soon.”

White didn’t elaborate, though.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-bo...on-jones-had-one-night-rehab-stay-for-cocaine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back